Those Three Words

Start from the beginning

"I love you too." 

. . . 

P R O M P T O   A R G E N T U M

It was a a late night, and it soon very close to midnight. Due to you having a very long day running errands and what not, you were more than ready to head to bed and submit to a much needed slumber. 

After changing into your pajamas, you quickly dove into your covers, breathing out a sigh of content from the warmth emitting from the blankets. However just as you were about to close your eyes and let yourself go into you dreamland, I sudden loud ringing from your phone instantly startled you awake. A groan of annoyance and frustration sounded from your throat. 

"Who the heck is calling me at this time of the night?" you muttered. You picked up the phone that was vibrating on your bedside table and looked down at the name of the caller. It was non other than your blonde haired goofball of a boyfriend. "Hello?" you answered. 

"[Name]!" Prompto yelled out from the other side. 

You winced at the high volume of his voice. How was he still so loud and full of energy at this hour. "Hi Prompto." you greeted.

"What are you doing?" Prompto asked. 

It was probably going to be a long phone call so you decided to sit yourself up. "Nothing much. Why'd you call?" 

"I just wanted to hear your voice" Prompto replied. 

You felt a rush of heat on your cheeks at the sound of his words. "O-Oh shush you." you stammered. You could hear Prompto chuckle lightly. The sound of his cheerful laughter sent butterflies to your stomach. 

"Did you do much today?" Prompto asked. 

"No, just worked all day and night. I only just came home." you grumbled. 

"Ah [Name], always so hard working." Prompto commented. You could see his cheeky grin even over the phone.

"Yeah, more hard working than you." you remarked. 

"Ouch." Prompto chuckled. "That was harsh." he said, pretending to sound upset. 

"Well, its true." you grinned. 

"Oh [Name]. You have no mercy." Prompto smiled. "But that's why I love you." 

You froze at his sudden confession. The line suddenly grew quiet. Prompto on the other side was also shocked by his own words. 

"Wait, I mean..Oh god ignore that." he quickly tried to cover it up. "Sorry."

"Say it again." you finally spoke

"What?" 

"Say it again!" you repeated. 

Prompto suddenly felt a rush of nervousness overcome him. But why was he nervous if those three words really expressed how he felt about you. "I-I.." he stuttered. 

"Yes?"

Prompto took in a deep breath and breathed out. "I love you [Name]."