Chapter 3

1st person

December 24th, 1985
--
Even though we could've gone back home after our meeting yesterday. The cast and I decided against it.
We took yesterday to buying a whole bunch of Christmas decorations and a tree. While Abby rented out an amazing penthouse in which we could all stay in.
I was beyond happy right now. It was 6:01pm and that's when the tree came up. We all decided to start putting lights and anything that has meaning.
River looked at me and I cocked an eyebrow. "You wanna put the star up?" I looked at how tall the tree actually is.

"I wanna, but I'm not that tall." I responded.

Before I knew it I was on top of his shoulders. Wil was laughing and handed me the star. I put it on top of the tree and smiled in satisfaction.
River helped me off of his shoulders and I ran into the kitchen making hot chocolate for everyone. There was light Christmas music playing in the background.
I did all of my gift wrapping earlier so this way I would have no stress. I put whipped cream on each cup and started handing them out to everyone.
I handed one to Corey and plopped down on the couch next to him after getting my own. He took some whipped cream and put it on my nose. I laughed and put some on his cheek. Which made me laugh more when he tried licking it.
"Ya know," Wil started, "I do see why they call you Americas sweetheart."

"Really?" He nodded. "I still don't get it." I shrugged.

"Well, look at it this way," River agreed, "you are always happy, smiling, laughing. There's never a dull moment with you. You're extremely modest. You're an actress, a great one at that. I mean everybody loves that." River finished.

"He speaks the truth." Corey pitched in.

I laughed. "Hey, why don't we play a board game?" Everybody agreed and we started playing monopoly. By the time we were done it was around 10pm so we decided to go to sleep. I sat on the couch by the fire. It was huge, but the fire was so beautiful I just couldn't move from it. I started drawing it, cause why not? I felt the couch sink in next to me.
I turned and saw River, "hey."

"Hey." He responded. "That's good."

I smiled. "Thanks."

"Talk time?" He asked.

"Talk time." I nodded.

Talk time is pretty much sweet nothing conversations that can last hours. It was things that were pointless but we would always remember them because it just made us that much closer. I eventually fell asleep.
--
I woke up to a bright flash. I peeked one eye open to see Abby with a camera. "Oh! That is too cute. That's gonna be next years Christmas card!" She exclaimed.

I look to my right and see that I was cuddled up in River. I groaned. "What time is it?"

"It's 9:00am." Abby responded.

"Oh my god! It's Chrismas!" I said gleefully. "Riv! Wake up River! Oh it's Christmas I'm gonna make some coffee!" I got up and ran to the kitchen.
When I came out with a tray of mugs, everyone seemed to be awake. I handed them each a cup of coffee.
--
We got through presents and all that good stuff.  I handed River a small box. He opened it, there was two necklaces, one with my name and the other with his. "It's not much, but I figured it has a lot of meaning. The one with my names mine and the others yours. I think it just makes our friendship eternal." I smiled.

He grinned. "Ya know. I really like it. Thank you Sasha." He motioned for me to turn around so that he could put my necklace on me. I looked down at it to see that he gave me the one that said 'River' and he had the one with my name. I smiled. "Come on." He said pulling me to the big dining room where everybody was eating. We began to dig in.
--
"Okay, Sasha, so this is our schedule. We leave in about an hour, and tomorrow you can spend the day with your family. Make sure you pack your bags though. Actually you pack extra stuff, I'll have Hans and Javier pack clothes for you and then on the 27th were heading to Oregon to film and that's all we will be doing." Abby explained as we entered the airport.

I nodded at her words. Understanding everything exactly. I'm actually really excited to be filming 'Stand By Me' the script is amazing. It's gonna be lonely being without my family for so long, but on the bright side, this is a great step in my career.
--
When finally on the plane I looked down at my necklace. River Phoenix. I smiled at the thought.
We will be best friends forever.