Chapter 2

December 22nd, 1984

New York, New York

1st person
--

I woke up in the comfortable hotel bedroom. my mind wandered back to the airport last night. Abby was right, the fans here are definitely a lot more than the ones I am used to in California.

I dragged myself out of the bed, wondering what a normal life would be like. But then again, what is normal? I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth, wash my face, and all that good stuff.

I realized that I should probably take a shower, so I hopped in for a good 15 minute shower. I walked out of my bathroom with a towel around me to get my clothes. But I was frozen, there was about 2 people that I have never seen in my life.

They had a lot of equipment and I didn't want to know what it was for. They could be torturing devices! "Um... Hi?" I said. Right then Abby walked through the door. "Oh, thank Jesus! There are people in my room and I'm naked." I exclaimed.

Abby simply chuckled at how scared I was. I furrowed my eyebrows confused. "They aren't gonna hurt you, hun. They are here to get you ready. You are getting older so I figured you need your own crew. I mean, now you are always going to be on camera, fans following you, paparazzi following you. You are going to need to look presentable at all times. They are here to do your make up, hair and make sure your outfits are perfect." I raised an eyebrow at the word 'make up'. "Oh, don't worry the make up is going to make you look natural."

"If I am trying to look natural, then... why can't I just wear my face?" I asked genuinely confused. Abby laughed.

"Oh Sasha, darling you are too funny." I just grinned and shrugged my shoulders. "Alright, Hans, Javier get this girl some clothes and get started on her make up and hair. We are going to need to be out of here in 2 hours!" When she said two hours the crazy, makeup wearing men started running all over the place. I thought 2 hours was all the time in the world.

After going through 2 hours of beauty products I was very happy to get out of that room. We decided to go to breakfast at a neat, and nice but very expensive restaurant. I walked into the elevator to see River smirking at me. I squinted my eyes at him. "How bad was it?" He asked with a sly smile.

I rolled my eyes, "Hearing two men with thick accents saying 'what did you do to your hair' or 'oh no this won't work, what happened to your face' every two seconds bad. It was a nightmare, you're just lucky that you don't have to wear makeup."

He chuckled before handing me glasses. I looked at him confused. "You'll see. Just put them on." I did as he said. We got out of the elevator and there was cameras flashing all over the place just outside.

They were blocking our car, there was no going around. It was either we go through or don't go at all. River grabbed my hand and we started pushing through not answering any of their questions.

"Are you two a couple, now?"

"Have you two American Sweethearts decided to get together?"

"Are you two here for a movie?"

"Are you going to be starring in a new film together?"

"Do you two see each other romantically?"

"How are you liking New York?"

"River! Over here!"

"Sasha smile at the camera!"

"Are you two dating?"

"Going out to a breakfast date, are we?"

The questions just kept coming. I gave a toothy smile and waved making the camera frenzy go crazy before getting into the car.

--

After we ate and had pointless yet endless conversations River and I decided to explore New York. It was kind of hard with cameras following us, but all the places we went wouldn't allow them into the buildings.

We saw the Statue Of Liberty and we had explored all of the tall buildings we could. Seeing as we lost track of time it was about 7:00pm when we got back to the hotel. We finally got through the crowd and into the elevator. I smiled to myself when I realized just how much fun we had today. I looked at River. "Big day tomorrow." He said.

"Boy, do I know it." I replied.

"How great would it be if could actually get a movie together? I mean, man, that's what we have been wanting for a long time!"

"It would be amazing. We have to leave here at six tomorrow." I said while we were walking down the hallway to our hotel rooms.

"Don't forget the hair and makeup." He said giving a goofy smile.

"Very funny, River." I said sarcastically.

"I know," he smiled, "goodnight." He finished with a wink and walked into his room and I did the same.
I decided to take a shower and brush my teeth, wash my face and all that good stuff.
I laid down into bed and instantly fell asleep seeing as I was going to wake up around 4:00am tomorrow.

--
December 23rd, 1984

I woke up to a banging on my door.
I whined to myself and started stomping over to the door.
Groaning with each and every step that I took.

I lazily opened my door to see Abby already dressed and wide awake, along with Javier and Hans with their equipment in hand.
"Just let me brush my teeth first." I said.
I looked at the clock in the restrooms.
It's 3:58am. I groaned loudly.
I really dislike waking up early.
I walked out of the bathroom only to be shoved back in with my clothes on hangers.
I walked out for the second time with my outfit on. It was 4:17am by the time they say me down and started on my hair. I pulled out a book and had on my reading glasses.
Until my glasses were pulled from my face and they began on my makeup. It was 5:02am by then and I felt a little more awake. Abby started explaining to me that if the movie is a go than we will meet back on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for two more meetings. They finished my makeup at 5:47am and I put on my shoes and waited in the hallway for River. He came out at 5:54am.
"River Phoenix." I grinned.
"Sasha Ross." He responded.
We laughed and wrapped our arms around eachother and began going towards the elevator and out of the hotel.
--
We were sat in this big room. River and I were the firsts to arrive. All of the walls around us were glass. They were windows! You could see the entire city. The door opened and there stood Corey Feldman.

I smiled widely and went up to hug him. "Corey!"

"Hey Sash." He said while in my embrace.
Him and River did a man hug thingy. Next came in Jerry O'Connell I also hugged him, we have met at a few events.
After about 5 minutes Wil Wheaton walked in. I was shocked. Wil and I went way back. To just when we were tiles and we were at our first acting class.
"Sasha" He said stretching out the 'a' on my name while holding his arms open. I smiled and gladly ran into them.
--
Every single person was there and we could finally get started.
"So I assume you are all aware of "The Body" by Stephen King. Everybody nodded, a few "yeahs" here and there. "Good." Rob Reiner said. "Really good, because we are going to make a movie of it. We are going to call it, "Stand By Me. Where 5 friends go on a hunt for a dead body, and they overcome obstacles which overall bring them closer together." He explained. "The only thing now, is that if everybody can sign the contract we will be filming in Brownsville, Oregon and it can take up to a year to film and if everyone says yes today we won't need to meet again until we start filming." He said and everybody was nodding their heads. We all signed the contracts and shook Robs hand. "Okay then everyone see you in Oregon!"
--
A/N
chapter word count -1419 words
So I'm thinking that since in this story she is acting in stand by me I'm going to make a stand by me story. you know like as in the movie so yea just a thought. please give feedback and tell me what you want to happen in the story!!!
okay bye bye