Chapter 5: Supernatural

Chapter Five: Supernatural

"We have to commence the attacks now!"

Vlad Impaler's voice was dominant across the large session hall where Head of States from around the world gathered together. There was an indistinct murmuring sound, faint but persistent chatters surfacing . A large monitor behind Impaler was lit up, showing map of Ursinium and its adjacent territories, captions written here and there across the screen.

Surly, he gently tapped the microphone with the back of his hand, creating a shrilling and high-pitched metallic sound. He traveled with his gaze around as each one in the room turned their eyes at him, the buzz suddenly fading out.

"The beasts are warring among themselves. Now is the most ideal moment to launch an assault!"

There was a long moment of cold silence. On the screen, photos of adjacent territories around Ursinium were being flashed.

"Our enemies are on their weakest state now. We can defeat them and finally push them away from our borders if only we start surprise attacks as soon as possible—

"But we're running out of Randoms now!" It was Heartfilia that cut Impaler off. She emerged poised from a group of some diplomats from the Far East. She advanced to the rostrum and overviewed the entire room.

"The last battle took 13 of our Randoms and we can't send the remaining 265 now back to the battlefield. It's just too risky. And this year's prospects came late" she announced in a lamenting tone.

Impaler stood from his seat, a crooked smile forming on his lips as he came beside Heartfilia who towered him.

He scanned Heartfilia's height amusedly before handing her a paper, which Heartfilia read right away. She started skimming her eyes through the page, chatters starting to cut off the silence. She seemed please at first but soon gaped in awe upon reading something on the paper.

"I'm still not convinced. We will open the Cavernduke Gates? That's insane—"

Impaler cut her off. "That's the only way to contain them Madam".

"Again Mr. President, what about the safety of those living between the inner and outer walls?" she reminded him.

"The new Randoms will be ready in no more than 6 months. I say, we send our Randoms now while our chance to exterminate those beasts is at its highest. And about the citizens Madam, they'd be moved inside before the attacks"

"And we begin with the mermen?" said by a voice that came from a group of people in the corner where Heartfilia emerged from a while ago.

Impaler took some moments to trace the source of the voice.

With a grin and raised brows, he asked: "First, can I know who I am speaking to?"

The young diplomat who appeared to be in his early 20's came in front of the group. Standing straight, he cast a dignified look at Impaler and Heartfilia.