Chapter 20: May The Best Fighter Win

Zayn's POV
I have the servants bring in two dulled swords specifically for mock fights. My friends take a stand around the staged mat. I take one of the swords and swing it around, just to get a feel for it. Something tells me that this will be a good fight, one I can learn from. Though I'm confident in my own skills, I'm not so sure I will win this fight. I hear the sound of a sword slice through air swiftly causing me to turn. Lost in my thoughts, I hadn't realized Afsa come in. She smiled at me, facing me with her sword held down.
"May the best fighter win," Ali says with a smirk.
She was a good match for me, our skills were well matched. It was almost like she could read my mind, she blocked my moves faster than I decided on them.
For minutes all that could be heard it the clash of two swords. Both of us blocking the other in the most skillful of ways. Not one of us landed a blow on the other. The sound of metal on metal, the energy taken for all the blows was soon taking a toll on the two of us, both of us have jagged breathing, panting and sweating. Soon Afsa disarms me, throwing my sword out of my hand. I attempt to grab the sword but she throws a deathblow at me. Stepping back she bows slightly. All of our spectators cheer for her.
"I believe I'm right yet again, your highness," she smiles causing her eyes to twinkle.
I pull myself up and dust myself off.
"Good fight," she says laying her sword down.
"You're a good fighter," I respond catching my breath.
"You mean exceptional fighter," Princess Isabella counters walking up to us.
"She's right," my sister says before congratulating Afsa.
Princess Isabella drags Afsa away as the other princes come over to mock me.
Arya's POV
After winning, Isabella drags me to a corner alone.
"Nice fight, you should have lost," she reprimands me.
"Actually, I thought it through thank you very much. I'm supposed to be Soraya, she is one of the best warriors there is," I reply in hushed whisper.
"Was," she mutters dejectedly.
"I'm sorry?" I ask unsure of what she meant.
"Soraya was, not is," Isabella clarified.
My hands dropped, anger faded, my face filled up with a frown. I forgot about her death, for some time to me, whatever was happening in Ajra had simply been out of my mind. I had just forgot for a small amount of time, she was still alive to me.
"I'm sorry," she says pulling me into a comforting hug.
"Bella, no, it's not your fault my cousin is insane. I can't believe that he's done all this. You know he used to be my bestest friend, my confidant, he was closer to me than my own brother," I sigh.
Anwar and I were as close as can be when we were younger, to think he's become this monster, it's hard to believe that he's this monster now. He would have done anything to keep me safe but now he'd do anything to kill me and take my place. He's next in line so, if he can defame me or kill me and act like a hero by stopping the war, he'll be king.
"I'm still sorry," she says sympathetically.
"Let's go join the rest, before they think something is up," I smile weakly.
We then join everyone who in return congratulate me.

A/N: I'm sorry it's so short and took forever, I've been really busy. But um anyways, I'll try to update again soon.

Side note: Any show recommendations?