Part 5: Professor Toad Face

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Dumbledore, for those kind words," she said.

I felt anger bubbling up inside as I heard her high pitched voice and her repeated 'Hem, hem.'

All I could see is red as she begun her speech. ''The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. The rare gifts with which you were born may come to nothing if not nurtured and honed by careful instruction. The ancient skills unique to the wizarding community must be passed down the generations lest we lose them for ever. The treasure trove of magical knowledge amassed by our ancestors must be guarded, replenished and polished by those who have been called to the noble profession of teaching.'' (A/N: straight from the book!)

"Who does she think she is?" I whisper yelled at them.

"Every headmaster and headmistress of Hogwarts has brought something new to the weighty task of governing this historic school, and that is as it should be, for without progress there will be stagnation and decay. There again, progress for progress's sake must be discouraged, for our tried and tested traditions often require no tinkering. A balance, then, between old and new, between permanence and change, between tradition and innovation..." (A/N: I hope you don't mind if I brought the lines she said straight from the book. Do you?)

My interest in her useless words became so little, I stopped listening.

"Bippoty boppity boo. Hello, bye bye, yes yes. Blew blah bloo. He ha ha ... what ought to be preserved, perfecting what needs to be perfected, and pruning wherever we find practices that ought to be prohibited." (A/N: I didn't write that P either. From da book...)

"Well, I don't know. But I do know that I won't be liking this new teacher," Ron seethed. I thoroughly agreed.

Then P. Dumbledore stood up and thanked that stupid professor that looked suspiciously like a frog.

"Don't you get it?" Hermione said exasperatedly.

"What d'you mean, 'Mione?" Ron asked.

"The ministry is interfering with Hogwarts."

+++

"Did you see it?" Is the first thing i blurted after Percy went up to his dorm.

"See what? All I saw is all the girls flirting with him." Ron said, rather spat, actually.

"His tattoo!" I snapped.

"You were hallucinating, Harry. And, Ron, be quiet about the girls. They're only doing that because he's hot," Hermione said.

"Oh, so you think he's hot, too, yeah?" Ron answered angrily.

I tuned them out, used to their bickering, and decided to wait until tomorrow.

(A/N: Percy isn't in the same dorm as them 'cause he's in seventh year)

+++

"History of Magic, Professor Binns
Double Potions, Professor Snape
After that is lunch.
Divination, Professor Trelawney
Double Defence Against The Dark Arts, Professor Umbridge
Then dinner," I said dully.