"Where's my sister?" She asked in a voice that surprised her with its steadiness.

Lex's eyes grew darker still.

"See now you want to know!" He chuckled humorlessly and dropped his head whilst placing both hands on his hips. "Now that you remember your responsibilities! Now! Now! Now, you care!"

"I always cared!" snapped Lois.

"No, no, no! You didn't!" Lex smiled jerkily at her, "You really didn't! You never cared to find out why she liked being alone! You never cared to find out what hurt her the most! You only cared when you thought it would affect you!"

Lois took a step back, stung by his harsh words.

"That's not, that's not even-"

"Close?" Lex intervened, "No you just don't want to hear the truth! The truth that your sister is a human being, fully capable of love yet so removed from it that she cannot even fathom that someone would actually care for her!"

A tear slid out from Lois's eye. He was wrong. He had to be wrong! There was no way that-

"I-I-I tried," Lex said abstractly running a hand through his hair. "I waved at her, smiled at her, talked to her, kissed her, even gave her her dream job then worked with her! Yet she never truly realized I cared for her!"

Lois's heart was racing. What was he getting at. Where was her baby sister? And why wasn't Clark here yet?

Lex raised a heartbroken face towards Lois and stumbled forward.

"I only want to save her! Save her from this false god that everyone trusts to save them! He can't save them all! He wouldn't save her," Lex whispered looking down at his shoes. Tears from his vivid green eyes fell to his shoes.

"He never saved me," he murmured as the tears began to dry. "He never saved me from daddy's beating hand! No, no, no! Don't save the screaming seven-year-old!"

Lex looked up his eyes burning with rage.

"Because why would an alien care about a child in pain? Why would he help a helpless, broken little boy?"

Lois stepped back not realizing how close she was getting to the edge of the roof.

"Mr. Luthor-"

"DON'T CALL ME BY THAT NAME!" Lex screamed across the rooftop. His hands clenched into fists by his sides. The nail marks he was leaving in his palms were nearly bleeding.

"I-i just want to k-know where m-my sister is," Lois said in a quiet, calming voice.

Lex shook his head letting his coppery locks bounce around freely. When he looked back up his face was deadly calm.

"She only ever cared about your opinion," he said quietly, "Did you know that?"

Lois swallowed thickly as he took a step closer.

"She only ever loved you," Lex said in a voice torn by grief, "She gave up her chance to run to try to save you."

"Where. Is. She?" Lois demanded in a curt tone.

Lex slowly looked up at her and jumped slightly, seeming only to realize their close proximity to each other. His green eyes were a mix of emotions. They swirled together like ingredients in a bowl. Anger, rage, sorrow, confusion, sadness, anger rage, sorrow...A never ending cycle.

"Is-is she-is she dead?" Lois managed to choke out.

Lex laughed slightly as he stared at the shaking woman in front of him.

"Lois, I could never kill her!" He chuckled. "I love her!"

His eyes filled with murder.

"But the same cannot be said for you."

Lois's lips parted in a horrific scream as Lex forcefully shoved her off of the rooftop.

Her scream continued for a full four seconds as her hair flew around her blocking her vision. The wind sucked her scream away along with her breath and she closed her eyes, praying. Praying, he would be there.

Then she felt it. The familiar warmth of his strong arms around her. She grasped the front of Superman's suit tightly and as he slowed their decent, she opened her eyes.

"Are you alright?" Clark asked worriedly as he glanced her over.

Lois nodded, gulping for air.

Clark smiled slightly at her and turned to fly back up when she stopped him.

"He-he took Lindsey," she panted.

Clark's brow furrowed.

"Luthor took your sister?"

Lois nodded and tears stung the corners of her eyes.

"P-please-"

"I'll find her," Clark promised, pressing a chaste kiss to her lips.

Lois watched him fly back up to where she knew Lex Luthor was waiting.

AN-
Only one more chapter, everyone. Yes I know I'm sad too! There are no plans for a sequel but as I will first advertise  here, I have a Now You See Me fan fic up too! It's a Daniel Atlas love story named "So This Is Love?" If anyone is interested go check it out!

-LM