Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Why do you look so sad Brookie?" Lance glanced at me from across the table, with his cute eyes. He was clueless to what was really going on in my head.

"I don't know yet." I smiled at the little kid who seemed to be the only Tomlinson boy that cares about me.

Lily was preparing breakfast for all of us this morning. Even my dad was here which is really rare. Although, I always enjoy sitting next to Louis on the dining table, I haven't felt that way about it lately. Ever since he got partnered up with Madison, he's been on his phone most of the time, like right now. No doubt, he's texting her because his phone is constantly going off and he's always smiling once he reads the text. At least put it on vibrate or something so that the text message alerts won't be heard by me.

I hate to admit that I'm crazy jealous.

"Thank you," I said once food was placed in front of me.

"Of course dear," Lily replied, a cheerful smile spreading on her face. "Louis can you please put your phone away," she said once her eyes landed him.

The silence was filled with some adult conversation that Louis's parents were having with my dad. They were talking about the economy or whatever, I wasn't really paying attention.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you guys that were having a family barbeque tomorrow." Lily informed Louis and I, apparently we were the only ones who didn't know.

"We are?" Louis inquired, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, most of your cousins are coming over," Adam added.

"So that means that Mackenzie will be coming right?" I piped up. I felt Louis glance at me for a second but I didn't bother to look at him.

Lily nodded. "And you'll get to meet some of Louis's other cousins too."

"But if you end up liking one of them, don't write them a love letter." Louis forewarned. "I don't think they would be into that," he smirked.

Here we go again with that stupid joke. It's been months since that happened and it's getting old.

"I'm sorry but I have to go,I'll see you all later," My dad said, before saying goodbye.

"I won't." I replied to Louis's idiotic remark once every bid their goodbyes to my dad.

"That's it? That's all your gonna say?" he asked, curiously.

Oh so now he's suddenly interested in what I have to say.

Everyone left the table, probably sensing that this could lead to some fight or whatever. What did Louis want me to say, "Yeah, I'm gonna write love letters to all of your hot cousins"?

"Yeah that's all I'm gonna say. Why do you care?" I avoided eye contact with him and played around with my fork.

"You usually reply with a sarcastic statement or you tell me to shut up," his voice drifted off. "What's wrong?"

"You're the last person I would talk to about what's going on in my life" and with that being said, I left the dining room and entered my bedroom.

X

I spent the next morning, working at my dad's restaurant. With all of the schoolwork I've been doing, I didn't have time to work with my dad and now that I do, my dad feels really happy. It's the only time that we really get to spend time with each other. I did my part in serving tables and working at the cash register but the only thing that was really on my mind was Louis. We haven't talked since yesterday when I was completely rude to him. I don't know why I suddenly feel so bad about it since he always treats me like crap. I'm going crazy. Louis Tomlinson makes me go crazy.