16. "What ... is Divided By Zero?"

Start from the beginning

"Guess where the party is!" Noel's voice is slightly more quiet, but not much. It's almost like my phone is on speaker.

"Mm?"

"Wes' place!" She's still shouting, for the love of God. I then raise a brow at her words.

"Wesley? As in, Shelly's boyfriend?"

"No, Wesley Snipes," I can practically hear her rolling her eyes. "Who else?"

"Your use of sarcasm is horrible."

"Whatever. I'm there in five."

With that, the call drops.

***

"Noel, I'm not so sure I want to-"

"Hush," she unbuckles my seat belt. "It's Wesley's party ... what can go wrong?"

"Oh, God," I groan, "don't say that. That is what they always say before something goes wrong. I don't want to - take me home - hash brownies - vodka-"

"Shut up," she groans. "Let's just go."

Hesitantly, I open my door,  the pounding of the music making its way to my bones, rattling every part of me.

Noel grins widely as she sees Oliver standing outside on the yard, playing with the hem of his shirt. 

"Hey, jack ass," she calls. He looks up immediately, breaking into a smile when he sees Noel giving him a loving smile, her blond hair swept away from her face with a bobby pin.

"Hi," he grins, walking forward a few steps and wrapping his arms around her body. "I've missed you."

"It's been five hours, calm down," she pecks him on the lips, lightly. "I told you I'd come."

"I wasn't so sure."

"Hurtful."

He kisses her, and she holds his face in place with her hands. Awkwardly, I clear my throat, hoping the kissing will stop soon.

Oliver stops immediately, pulling his mouth - and tongue, but we won't go too much into that - from my best friend's. Noel turns, glancing at me with a guilty expression. Oliver gives me a wry smile.

"Camera Girl," the nick name rolls off his tongue easily, but Drew says it better. "You look rocking."

"Rocking?" I scoff playfully. "Bitch, I'm fabulous."

"Whoa, easy," Noel sends us both a teasing smile. She hits Oliver's chest. "No flirting with the best friend ... got it?"

"Okay, babe," he makes the word almost sound painful. I smile at them; they are so perfect for each other. 

"Is Drew here?" Noel asks, and I blush, remembering our last conversation, where we almost kissed. Almost, but not quite, I think to myself. Titter.

"Yeah, last I saw he was talking to some blond chick," Oliver shrugs. My smile drops.

"I'm a blond," Noel says flatly.

"Shit! I mean ... s - some slutty chick - You look amazing?"

"Save it. C'mon, Dyl, let's go in." She's faking an angry look, because she's still smiling widely and trying to hide it.

Linking her arm with mine, she pulls me in the direction of the front door. I follow, almost tripping over my own two feet. The door's open, and everyone is either dressed super casual or super whorish. 

"Woooooo!" A naked guy runs across the room, a sombrero on his head. Noel and I look at each other with an expression that reads, The hell?