4.

4.

Marceil.

"She look like something, exotic." The man said as him and Master Jean was looking Aminata over like some kind of animal. "Straight from Africa." Master Jean told him, and I clenched my jaw feeling angry for her. "Even after they stopped shipping them?" The man asked and Master Jean waived. "It's just a matter of dollars. I could have another one tomorrow if I choose." He said, and I looked at Aminata.

It looked like she was scared and mad all at the same time. "Her hair stay like that?" The man asked and Master Jean, played with it in his hand. "It grow out her head like this." He said. "When I see you again Saturday we'll talk more about where you got her from. See how much I can pay for one." The man said, and Master Jean nodded, and shook his hand.

"Why don't you say, bye, Mina." Master Jean said pulling her hair, making her look up at the man. "Bye," She said and I could hear the cry in her voice, waiting to come out. I watched her, as he finally let her hair go, and I thought I could see a few tears fall from her eyes. I didn't know how to feel, I know I didn't really know Aminata, and it wasn't my business, but I knew she was hurting bad.

"Jean, what do you think you're doing?!" The woman, who I assumed to be Mistress Sophia came out yelling. "What you fussing about?" Master Jean turned to her. "Why you got her out here like this? Parading her round front of good people." She said, and he looked at her with a mug on his face before he spit.

"I can do what I please." He answered, and I looked back at Aminata and she was sitting their crying, quietly. "You running round with these nigger girls in public, people gone start talking. You best watch youself." Mistress Sophia told him, and I noticed Aminata flinching. "I said, I do what I please. I don't have to answer to you." He told her and she scoffed.

"I am your wife! They are gone start talking bout me too, and I will not be called a nigger lover." Mistress Sophia said, before he looked real angry. He stood up pulling Aminata up by her hair, and I didn't know what would happen. So far, Master Jean been acting out and you can't tell what he would do next.

"Like I said, I can do what I please. She is my property, if I want to show her off I will do so." He said bringing her closer, and I clenched my jaw. "If I want to fuck her I will do so. If I want to fuck her in front of you, my wife, I will do so!" He yelled before grabbing on Aminata's body. I saw how scared she was, as she cried and I wanted to do something, but that would just get both of us hurt. "If I want to move her into your bed, and put you in one of those cabins, I will do so! You are my property too, and can do with what I wish." Master Jean yelled at Mistress Sophia.

Aminata kept crying as he continued to touch on her, and I shook my head, and balled my fist just standing there. "I am your wife, not your property. If you don't get your affairs in order I will leave and write a few letters to the senators who love to support you so much about why you are divorced!" Mistress Sophia yelled at him.

Master Jean made another angry face, and I could tell he was deciding what he wanted to do. "Go on," Master Jean said, pushing Aminata, down the porch. I watched as she scrambled to get up and she ran off towards the cabins. "I see you have chosen. I'll return from my sister's in two days. I expect Tilly to be moved downstairs by the time I come back." Mistress Sophia said, before going back into the house.

Master Jean made a few angry hits in the air, before he followed behind her. I looked around not seeing nobody else outside, and decided to go round the back to find Aminata or Ma Dear. Neither one of them was outside so I went to the back kitchen door, and knocked on it. "Why you knocking? Where Mina?" The girl Reina asked, opening the door, and I shrugged.

"You shouldn't leave her alone with him." Ma Dear said and I shook my head, and pointed to the cabins. She looked back there, and raised her brow. "I don't want to hear no more bout it Jean! It's either me or your niggers!" We heard, Mistress Sophia yell, and Ma Dear had a scared look come cross. "Where Mina at? Did he hurt her?" She asked, and I nodded, and both Reina and Tabitha paused.