"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state," Derek said, looking at Scott.

"I told you, Stiles," I muttered to my brother.

"Can we seriously get passed that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it," Scott said, keeping his attention in front of him.

"Yeah, you did," I agreed with, crossing my arms over my chest.

"All right!" my brother cut in. "How did you find him?" Stiles asked Derek to change the subject around.

Derek looked at Stiles and scoffed. He shook his head like he wasn't going to answer and looked back out of the front windshield. "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asked him.

"Yeah, all of us," Stiles sassed to him. But, Derek glared at him again. "Or just them. I'll be back here," he corrected himself. He sat back in the seat and I leaned forward with a smug smirk on my face.

"Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris," Derek explained.

Stiles popped up again, shooting forward to look at Derek, and he bumped his head against mine in the process, making me groan again. 

"Our chemistry teacher?" he asked as I shoved him away from me again.

"Why him?" Scott asked.

"I don't know yet," Derek said.

"What's the second?" Scott asked, quickly glancing over at him.

"Some kind of symbol," Derek answered, unfolding a small piece of paper in his hands.

I pushed my brother back and took a look at the drawing. My eyes widened and an involuntary growl left my throat, causing my brother to shrink away from me in shock. 

The weird part to me was that Scott had a look on his face which said he's seen it before, too. 

"What? You two know what this is?" Derek asked us both.

"I've seen it on a necklace," Scott answered. "Allison's necklace," he finished, pressing the gas a little harder.

Derek turned to look at me, clearly waiting for my answer. "I saw it several years ago on a necklace, too, but it was Kate's," I explained.

What exactly did it mean, though? How did Laura Hale know about that necklace? And did the necklace have to do with why the Alpha was killing people?

⊰⊱⊰⊱

The next morning, when I woke up, my brother and dad were both gone. I changed in a pair of yoga pants and a tank top with a pair of running shoes on my feet.

I went downstairs to eat an apple before I put my headphones in my ears and stuck my phone in the armband for it. With Panic! at the Disco in my ears, I walked out the front door and locked it before sticking the single house key in with my phone. 

I ran into the woods behind my house for my morning jog; and an ulterior motive in mind.

My real destination was the Hale House. Once the police concluded that Derek couldn't possibly return to the burned down house, since there was nothing there for him, he indeed did return.

I had made plans with him the night before to meet him there in the morning so I could try to help him with the leads his sister was following. 

Since my dad was Sheriff and also because I wasn't currently wanted—with a manhunt to back it up.