9. What a Nerd

Okay this chapter is kind of random but I kind of promised I will include orcs and Lord of the Rings somewhere in my story so there it is.

Sorry if you don't get the references, but you should really watch the movies because... well... they are a great fucking movies!

Anyways, without further adieu, don't forget to comment/favorite this chapter.

Lucy's POV.

I was pacing around my room, wondering whether or not I should check up on Carrie. She was sick and grumpy, and I couldn't help but worry.

Lately she's all I've been thinking about. I've never had feelings for another girl like this before. She made me question my sexuality and moral compass, which was quite an achievement, seeing as I don't do feelings very often. It's like my world started revolving around her sweet scent and kind eyes. I regretted the moment I decided to blackmail her because how could she ever forgive me for doing something so cruel. But, I couldn't turn back time, and if blackmailing her meant I got to spend time with her, I'd gladly do it again.

I finally gathered up the courage to text her and see if she's feeling any better.

"Not at all," she replied. Of course. She was just a kid; she didn't know how to take care of herself. It looks like this was up to me – or at least that's what I told myself as an excuse to go see her again. I stopped by the restaurant down the street to order my favorite meal before heading to her place. She was going to need me there.

When I got there, she was surprised to see me. "I brought you some herbal tea – it's my grandma's special honey recipe, I'll make some for you. Also, I hope you haven't eaten yet because I got some dumpling soup and rice cookies from the Chinese Restaurant down the street. It's my comfort food so I hope you like Chinese," I said. She softly smiled before letting me in.

I left the food on her desk and sat on the chair to look at her for a second before handing her the plate of dumpling soup. She looked sick but very cheery as well. If I was the reason for her cheerfulness, I'm glad I decided to show up.

Carrie started eating the soup while I microwaved the tea for her to drink. I also managed to find some ibuprophen in my purse to get her to feel better. There was no resistance in her – she just let me do whatever I wanted and I hoped it was because she could sense my good intentions.

I know she must think of me as evil and bitchy, and sure, maybe sometimes I am, but I never meant to make her hate me, which I'm sure she does.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" she asked me after a long silent pause between us.

"Sure, what movies do you have?" I asked.

"I only have one that I brought in college. Lord of the Rings," she said.

"I've never seen it, so let's watch it," I said. Her mouth opened ajar with surprise.

"What do you mean you haven't seen it. It's only the best movie on the planet. Come on, make yourself comfortable. I own all three parts."

***

After four hours of watching the first movie finally came to an end. It really was a great movie. Mostly, I enjoyed that I got to spend 4 hours with Carrie without doing any work or arguing.

"Hey, where's your roommate? Shouldn't she be back soon?" I asked.

"I honestly have no idea where she is. Probably somewhere with Rachel or something," she brushed it off.

I guess it couldn't be helped, I couldn't leave the poor sick soul on her own. I had to stay and take care of her – or at least it was what I used as an excuse to do so.

"It is getting late," she noted.

"Do you want me to go?" I asked just to be sure I wasn't bothering her.

"I don't mind," she said. "It's just that I have an early class tomorrow that I don't think I can make. Not with being sick like this. Also, work, I have to go to work."

"Look, you're sick. I was being inconsiderate when I made you come in the other day. You can stay at home and get well. After my shift I'll come visit you again and bring you some stuff to do from home. And I really am sorry for making you come in," I said. Apologies were needed, even though it hurt my pride to do it.

"It's fine, I guess," she said. "I didn't die so it could've been worse."

"Hey! Don't joke about it – this is your health we are talking about," I said.

"Don't worry about me, it's just a cold. Anyways, how'd you like the movie?"

"I loved it, especially the orcs. It's ridiculously good, especially for an older movie like that," I replied.

"I know right. It's so well done. Pure cinematic masterpiece," she said in awe. What a nerd.

I thought about how much this nerd actually means to me, and it was starting to worry me. I was way too deep into my feelings to turn back around now. One thing I knew for sure is that I like Carrie, as more than a friend. I never thought I liked girls until I met her, but then again, I was never really interested in boys either so I'm not erasing the possibility of my gayness in this case. Especially with Carrie holding my feelings in a twist as she is.

I had to tell her how I feel about her – to let her go. As soon as I can gather up the courage, I will fire her so she can be free from my blackmailing and all the secrets will be on the table, as well as a guarantee that she will be okay. Besides, maybe with her gone, I can get over her.

I hated to let her go, but I did like her too much to see her hate me, and blackmailing her like this just wasn't going in my favor.