Chapter 3;

-Aaliyah's Pov-

    We were on our way to the Highland Emergency Care Center so they could tend to Sage's wounds. I was the one driving with CiCi, Dmac and Indy questioning everything. They didn't know how to shut up; I almost reached back there and slumped all three of them. "Aye! Stay calm bruh!" I screamed at them, annoyed at CiCi. She was one the other only female in Grade A. What's her problem? Oh right. Let me tell you exactly who Grade A are and what they do.

     Grade A Gutta is a gang created by my older brother Aaron. I was only 16 then, but he always was one to encourage me through school and stay smart. He'd never finished high school himself, so the gang was all he had. The original 7 people in it were people who were nothing but close to him. My two older cousins, Zay and Quees are in it. The other five included his friends from middle school; Trev, Isaac, Rashad, Trina and of course him.

   Trina was his girlfriend at the time, actually. That was before she went ghost then got him gunned down in 2009. He had started the gang in 2006, so Trina smiled in his face for three years before having someone kill him. Grade A had meant everything to Aaron, but that selfish girl took everything away from him. Took his life. I'm not saying he was innocent, but he didn't deserve to get killed by a gun, especially on his way to see his son.

    My nephew Jay, God I miss him so much. His cries for his father could make any cold-blooded killer turn soft. Little Jay cried over his dad's death at six years old. He's 14 now, but I haven't seen him since he was 8. He was kidnapped and we never found him. I pray to the Lord he's alright.

   Basically, my big brother put his blood, sweat, elbow grease and tears into this gang. I would have been foolish not to continue his work. I love my brother enough to put my life in danger every single day that I breathe. This gang is now my everything. I run it, as a matter of fact. The only members now are me, Treeci, Zay, Quees, Trev and Rashad. Isaac was actually murdered with Aaron, so they died together. I'd think he and Isaac were the closest.

    Being in GAG, has taught me some things. I know how to defend myself, which is what I just had to do about 30 minutes ago. I was the one who shot the intruders that tried to break into Sage's house. Because of everyone witnessing my actions, I guess it was time to come clean about my work.

        We reached the hospital as everyone quickly spilled out of the car. Priceless's car pulled up next to mine. Dmac and Price pulled Sage's body out of the backseat, and all helped carry him inside the dreadful building. I hated hospitals, it feels like every time I come to one, I'm watching a loved one die. Just how I watched my brother die. In my arms.

  The nurses ran over to help us as they got Sage on a stretcher and wheeled him to the ER. I love Sage, I honestly do. As a best friend because he's been nothing but there for me since 2010. He knew about my story, and I knew every detail about his. If I lost him right now, I would lose myself. I had already sworn to hunt and kill everyone involved in Aaron and Isaac's murder, I don't want to have to kill people who put Sage's life on the line. Trust and believe, I will though.

  I don't know why, but I figured it was the right time for me to tell everyone. We were anxiously waiting in the waiting room, quiet from shock. I cleared my throat and spoke up, "Guys... I need to come clean." India threw her head back and banged it into the wall, afraid of what I was about to say. Everyone else just looked at me, wanting me to carry on.

   "Well, long story short, the reason I had a gun and was able to protect us earlier is because I'm in a gang. CiCi knows this because she's in it too. We sell drugs, weapons, and kill people who deserve it. I'm sorry I didn't let y'all know sooner, but part of my loyalty lies with Grade A Gutta, I wasn't sure about speaking on it. We do have to watch our backs..."

   Everyone was quiet and Missy avoided eye contact with me. Missy was my girl best friend. She was there for me, especially since I couldn't talk to Sage about everything. Like boys, periods, stuff like that. Sage knew already, I kind of slipped up when i was telling him about my brother. Missy seemed real upset.

    "How could you? I thought we were bestfri- SISTERS, Aaliyah? You say part of your loyalty lies with them, but what about the slither of loyalty that was supposed to lie with just me? You lied to all of us. To our faces. I wouldn't have judged you nor thought any different of you. Neither would've Dmac. Or Price. Or Indy. Or Lucci. What do you think Sage will say?"

    "He knows. He's knew for so long, and I told him not to speak on it either. It was an accident..."

     "That's bull. Even when he found out, you didn't think twice to tell anyone else?"

   "I don't know! I AM SORRY. OK?"

        No more words were exchanged as everyone sat there in disbelief. I deeply sighed as the doctor came with results. He had that look on his face. This wasn't good.

    "I'm so, so sorry for your loss. He didn't make it through the surgery. He was shot in his chest, and it was half a centimeter away from his heart, and shattered his rib cage. He wanted me to tell you all one last thing..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  ~Kiya