Chapter 3.

"Thanks." I said as I held tightly onto his jacket.
"For what?" He teased and smiling crazily at me.
"Really.. For your jacket and for walking me home. You're kind, Ponyboy. And different." I spoke as I looked behind me, Johnny was standing behind me waiting. He was always so impatient.

I sighed and turned my attention back to Ponyboy. "I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

"I hope.." I heard him mumble. He probably said that because I haven't seen him for year, we talk at school sometimes. Johnny should now bring me along with him, hopefully.

"See you," I was about to shut the door, "oh! Your jacket, I began to take it off and handing it to him.

His hand stopped me. "No, no. Keep it, I got jackets at home,"

"You sure? It looks like something you wear everyday,"

"I'm sure, Maya. Take care," he walked away and I smiled sweetly. I closed the door lightly and I turned around seein'
Johnny pissed off as ever.

"What?" I laughed as I poked his stomach, he wasn't in a playin' mood.

"I don't want you hanging out with my friends,"

"Why not? It isn't fair! They aren't just your friends, they are my friends as much as they are your friends!" I shouted.

His jaw tightened.

"Maya. I don't want you hanging out with them."

"I'm still going too, you're not the boss of me,"

"Maya! They're not my friends, they're more of a better family than you are! You're always so stuck up, you don't listen. Now you're going to listen to me and not talk to them again,"

"But, Johnny.."

"Maya, enough."

"I hate you, you wouldn't care if I got rammed by a car or shot'n the head! Stop caring, will ya!?"

"Maya.." Johnny whispered as he came closer to me trying real me in a hug. Tears started to form in my head.

"No, don't touch me." I snapped at him and I walked right through him shoving his shoulder.

"Maya, I didn't mean what I said.." Johnny followed me up the stairs, "I love you, and if you died- I-I don't know what I would do. I just do not want you gettin' hurt by them. Especially Soda and Dally, and Ponyboy ."

"They ain't like the others.. You got that wrong, Johnny." I said as I looked at my bed and laid down. "They're good friends,"

"Dally is a tease, you're gonna fall for him and- and he won't want you. Ponyboy is just a friend, he doesn't like you like that. I know what you're thinking, you can't get with any of the Greasers,"

"Fine. How'd you feel if my heart was for a Soc?" I looked up at the ceiling.

"Then if I had to," he paused, "id risk myself and beat 'em up, because they're no good, and you know this."

I nodded my head. He was right, those Socs are no good. They wouldn't go for a Greaser like me anyhow.

"It's eleven, you should get some rest,"