Chapter 2.

The last time I seen Dallas Winstin he was in a relationship with Cherry Valence. I was pretty jealous, yes. Because I liked him, and the reason was he was a tease.
He teased my emotions.

I didn't ask any of them if he was still dating her. I didn't want to know.

Dally's car pulled in and we all walked outside. I stood close to Johnny of course.

"Maya?" Dally wondered, and asked if it was me.

"Yes."

He bit his lip and looked at me. Gazing into my blue eyes, his dark eyes told me he was playin' something.

I got in and I sat next to Sodapop and Ponyboy in the back seat. Johnny sat in the front, since Johnny and Dally were close- close buds.

"You still in for all 'em A's in school?" Dally turned to look at me.

"Yeah, most of them."

He smirked. And I rolled my eyes; not noticable for him to see.

After we arrived we went to the drive in theatre. It was dark and really cold, I was going to ask Ponyboy for his jacket but I rather not bother him.

We were all laid out in the back seat watching the movie- it was a loving & action movie. Which I adored.

I glanced over at these guys who kept looking at me, smiling and laughing. Was there something wrong with me?

Then again I realized I seen these guys at school. Socs, Randy was quite handsome. And Bob was next to him.

Why are they smiling at me? They Hate Greasers. And I hate them.

"You cold?" Ponyboy asked, I could see that he his jacket was off and in his hands ready to give to me. His jaw shook from the coldness.

I nodded. He put his jacket around my shoulders. I gave him a small smile. His knuckles were red and so were his ear; even his cheeks. So I leaned close by Ponyboy and I wrapped my arms around his stomach, his arm slowly went over my shoulder.

I remember we use to do this when we were thirteen. I miss being his best friend.

Handsome, very handsome and muscular now though. I smirked at my thought. I could feel Ponyboy just gazing down at my face. I was too afraid to look up.

After the movie I still had Ponyboy's jacket. It seems to me that since he knows I'm warm now, he isn't shivering much.

Randy, came over while we leaned against Dally's car.

"What." I asked while giving him a straight glare.

"What's a good lookin' gal like you, hanging out with these bums?"

I said nothing.

"Who you callin' bums?" Dally stepped up. His lighted smoke got put out after he stepped on it.

"Well, you're Greasers." Bob said as he gave a chuckle.

"Could you please leave?" I asked calmly but a tantrum was forming in my mind.

"Why would I? How about instead you leave with us," Randy winked. I groaned in disgust.

"Leave her alone you Soc," Ponyboy said.

"Look at you Ponyboy, finally got tougher, eh?" Bob said.

"I was young then..."  Ponyboy said as he pushed Randy back away from me.

Johnny would do anything to protect me, but he will not mess with a Soc.

"She told you to leave." Ponyboy said loudly.

"If that's what she wants." Bob said snickering and smoking a weed.

I nodded my head. "Please do,"

They left and I hugged Ponyboy. I whispered in his ear thanks. I felt a hand pull back on my shoulder, it was Johnny.
I looked at him in annoyance. Johnny shrugged his shoulders.

"They were high off of it," I spoke as we all got in the car. They all agreed.

"Johnny, could I walk home. Promise I'll be back there, i just want to see the stars," I smiled and Johnny looked at Dally and nodded.

"If you're not home, you're never coming with me again. And I'll be awful worried, you do realize how upset I would be if you were killed or lost or kidnapped. I love you, I don't want anything happen' to you. You're all I got," Johnny huffed out and I sighed.

"I'll walk her home," Ponyboy stepped in.

"Will you?" Johnny said pleading.

"Sure, why not?"

I smiled at Ponyboy. "She better be home," Johnny glared. And he nodded.

"Thanks Ponyboy,"

"Yeah, I have nothin' better to do. Besides, I like being with you."

"Oh?" I said and blushed a bit. He shook his head after realizing what he said.

"I mean!- like as friends I like being with you, you're a good friend,"

"Right," I said and I looked away from him. "I remember when I liked you, back in our childhood, you were such a doll," I joked.

"..do you still like me?" Ponyboy stared at me and my eyes went everywhere.

He began to stop walking, so did I.

He stared at me. I didn't know what to do or say, but I left his question. "We should continue to walk," I suggested.

Ponyboy is so much different and sweet. I can't like him, Johnny'll be furious.

Ponyboy Curtis.