Chapter 27: Misplaced (Part 1)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Hmm?" Robin questioned, his way of asking for a repeat. He put a hand to his ear, covering it for a bit before he shook his head and pulled his hand away.

Red!

Glancing over his shoulder, at Zatanna, he saw her still working. He quickly wiped his hand.

"Just.. Remember what Bats said.. All those years ago, okay? I just worry about you. He may not show it much but he does too!"

Kid cleared his throat before going back to the previous subject, "Anyway, I'm sure you'll figure it out! Good luck over there. Kid Flash out."

Robin blinked a bit before letting a small smile slip on his face.

Alright! Enough slacking, back to work!

-BIRDFLASH-

Superboy followed the crying noise to a car. He ripped off the door and found a toddler. Unbuckling the kid's seatbelt, he picked him up.

The kid was wearing a Superman onesie. The toddler stopped crying and patted Superboy's shirt, causing the Boy of steel to smile. (Just added this part cuz I thought it was cute X3)

-BIRDFLASH-

Wally carried another toddler into the gym as M'Gann accompanied him.

The toddler giggled and lifted his sippycup to KF's face.

"Oh? For me? Thank you." He held onto the sippycup. (I found this adorable too :3)

Artemis finished entertaining a group of kids and walked up to him.

"Did you call home?"

"No answer."

"You could zeta there."

"I've been collecting kids all day. I don't need to see another empty house."

The door opened as Conner stood in the doorway.

"Got three more." The kids were all over him, giggling.

-BIRDFLASH-

"Not recognized. Access denied."

Billy cried out in frustration.

-BIRDFLASH-

The trio that had started the team broadcasted themselves onto every device they can, using League technology.

Billy had noticed it when he passed by a bunch of tvs in a store's window.

He had to make it to the cave, no matter the risks.

-BIRDFLASH-

KF stared at the Doctor Fate helmet on his shelf.

Aqualad walked in. "I finally got through to Atlantis. No adults there either."

"So.. Just how desperate are we?" Kid asked.

The two looked up at the helmet.

"I mean," Kid continued, "This thing could definitely come in handy."

"Yes, but we both know anyone who dons the helmet and allows Nabu to possess him (or her! Gender equality! *wink wink*) may never be released from being Doctor Fate."

"So.. Not that desperate."

"Not yet."

(Gosh these guys sound almost as grim as Batman XP)

"Guys?" Zatanna stood in the doorway. "I-I'm ready to try my father's locator spell."

-BIRDFLASH-

Billy somehow convinced a girl named Amber to pilot a plane to Happy Harbor for him.

They should land right on her birthday too!

Billy's eyes widened as he realized she would turn 18!

She disappeared and he was left on an unpiloted plane, alone.

-BIRDFLASH-

Klarion's allies continued chanting as Klarion disappeared.

-BIRDFLASH- (Rewind)

"Cookie fixins?!"

"Snickerdoodles."

"You've saved my life." He glanced at Robin's direction, "Though, he gives me life."

"Does this mean you're officially joining the team?" Artemis asked Zatanna as the two entered the room.

"I'm glad you brought Zatanna, old friend." Batman spoke to Zatara, "Does this mean you'll allow her to join the team?"

"I do not know. Zatanna's so.." He sighed, "My only child. I wish I could get used to the idea that she's, uh, growing up."

The YJ team vanished, leaving the Leaguers behind.

-BIRDFLASH-

On the news, the reporter was saying how kids under the age of 18 have all disappeared.

Many adults were rioting outside of Star Labs as two men escaped with a case.

-BIRDFLASH-

Zatara stared at the Doctor Fate helmet in KF's room.

"So.." He began as Batman approached him, "How desperate are we?"

"I informed the Watchtower you located the focal point at Roanoke." Batman spoke. "But, the rest of the League is deployed to avert the chaos. Tornado, you, and I are on our own."

"I would do anything to get my daughter back." Zatara stated as the two looked over at the helmet once more.

"Yes.." Batman paused for a second as he thought about his Protoge. "But, we both know there are many ways for you to lose her."

"So.. Not that desperate." Zatara looked up at Batman, "Not yet."

He continued, "The entire League is unavailable?"

"Except, perhaps, for Captain Marvel." Batman answered, "He's missing."

-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-BIRDFLASH-

Ok! That's enough for today! 1120 words is enough for now!

Anyway, I've decided to make a thiscrush. I heard people can comment anonymously so I thought, "Hey! I'm sure people would be more honest if they were anonymous."

So feel free to leave any thoughts there!

http://www.thiscrush.com/~grooticorn

Thanks for reading! :)