Chapter One

The wind howls in outrage as humans band together to destroy the supernatural world for good this time. The last time they tried it was World War Two, my mum told me that werewolves were the ones that won us the war and I'm glad.

The rain lashes at the windows and I find it hard to sleep, I have a gut feeling that something bad is going to happen but I don't know what.

"Winny, have you got your bag packed? We leave in two hours" My mum yells from the bottom of the stairs.

My eyes widen, I knew I had to do something tonight but I could not remember what. I rush to my wardrobe, pulling all my clothes out, I notice a little box. I frown and pick it up, tilting my head, I open it and gasp at what is in it. A small dagger covered with intricate patterns and a small holster, my mind swirls at how beautiful the deadly weapon is.

I walk backwards until I hit my bed and I sit down with the little dagger, I stare at it until I hear my dad walking up the stairs towards my room.

"Winny, what are you---, Ah the dagger. It's a family heirloom and I want you to have it as times are getting harder and I want you to be protected" My dad smiles from the doorway.

"But it's so nice and small, how could I defend myself with it?" I reply, trying to picture myself using it.

"When the time comes, my child, you will know. Now do you need help with packing?" dad laughs

"Yeah, please" I smile.

My dad walks over to me and takes the dagger out of the box, he gently pulls my leg onto the bed and straps the holster to it. I freeze when I feel the weight of the holster and dagger together, it feels so comforting to know I can protect myself but at the same time I'm scared I could hurt myself with it.

"It's also magical, when you shift and you have the dagger on, it will stay on even though your ankle is smaller" Dad say once he buckles it on.

I walk around with it on and smile at how natural it feels, I shake my head and start packing with the help of my dad.

Once we have finished, mum brings us some food so that my dad can shift when the time comes. I will be on his back and my little brother will be on my mums, as we haven't shifted yet and it would slow us down if we walked.

"Don't forget to help your brother Winny" Mum says as she walks out of the room.

I roll my eyes and wolf down my meal, it might be the last one I have in a long time. I sigh once I'm done, dad nudes me towards my little brothers room and I walk in just as I see him trying to get his stuff down from the wardrobe.

"Whoa, let me" I laugh as he spins round.

We pack his stuff and I zip the backpack up. I smile at him and carry it down to the bottom of the stairs where all our stuff is. I still don't know how we are going to get the stuff with us but I'm sure my parents have an idea.

*******************************************

First chapter of my new book! For wattys so please don't forget to tweet about it and vote, comment and follow.

If you want to tweet about it private message me and I'll give you my twitter! I'll also follow you on that too!

Again I did not make the cover, all credit goes to