Secret X First X Exam

"We can handle it! Right Gon?" Gon nodded equally excited as me, maybe even more. Gon looked around and stopped his gaze on a young man, "Ne, Alice, let's go help him." I looked for where Gon was looking. He was looking at a man being bullied by his crew mates, "Yeah let's go he-" Someone rudely interrupted me, "Katzo, hurry up with your chores!"

Judging by his appearance he looked like the captain of the ship. Gon then went over to him, "There's a storm coming." The captain looked down at Gon, "And how do you know?" Gon pointed to the birds above, "The seabirds flying above us are warning each other of a huge storm and you can smell it." The captain wore a reminiscent look and smiled. 

***

The storm was raging and nearly everyone on the ship was seasick! Everyone except for Gon, me and two other guys named Leorio and Kurapika. 

"Kurapika! Leorio! Alice! The captain has called for us." We all nodded and followed Gon to the front of the boat. "You called?" The captain looked us down, "Yes, I did. I want to know why you are taking the Hunter Exam." Gon immediately replied, "I want to know why my dad chose to be a Hunter." The captain was now turned to me, "I want to find out about my past." That seemed like a sufficient answer for now. The real reason was to keep Gon out of danger.

The captain now looked at Kurapika-kun and Leorio-san, "And you?" They refused to answer and held their lips shut.

The captain sighs, "I was hired to trim down the number of Hunter Exam participants before they even reach the exam site, and thus I can pass or fail them depending on their response." Kurapika-kun and Leorio-san looked worried. Kurapika-kun cleared his throat, "I want to become a Blacklist Hunter to catch the Phantom Troupe who annihilated my clan, the Kurta." Leorio-san stared in wonder, "Why do you need to take the exam merely for revenge?" Kurapika-kun sighs but explains anyways, "A licensed Hunter has unprecedented access to information and places, as well as freedom to actions that are otherwise forbidden."

Now it was Leorio-san's turn to speak, "I want money and the comforts and luxuries it brings like huge fortune and free use of public amenities." Kurapika-kun scoffs, "Leorio, and you insulted my reason." Leorio-san got angry, "CALL ME LEORIO-SAN! Your clan, the Kurtas, are disrespectful." I quickly backed away knowing there would be a fight. I turned away and ran as fast as I could to the nearest room and slept.