Prologue

The night was as cool as the turning leaves were starting to fall off of the trees

The night was as cool as the turning leaves were starting to fall off of the trees. The sky was beginning to darken as the sun retired from its long day. I wander around the side streets, leaves crunching under my feet. Nobody would be asleep yet but in any instance, I could wait until I sensed a dream, maybe a napper, but I couldn't get what I needed because they woke before I had them completely under my spell.

Girls walk past me on the street and giggle giving me sarcastic comments, and I am tempted to go with one and seduce them into giving me their life force. I am abnormally famished tonight, and my body needs sustenance; perhaps my power is increasing to a level four finally.

I have yet to understand why my body is taking this long to mature when Zander was already at full power at a hundred years of age. I shake my head and continue to walk down the street as more kids come around the corner. I start to advance towards the group, eyeing a girl that made my sensed flare with excitement. She is like a walking five-star dish. Another incubus advance towards them but yields when he notices me.

I give him a warning look before watching the one I was eyeing. The girl was tall and blonde, with curves that made my body yearn in an almost animalistic way. She couldn't be older than sixteen, and that is when they seem to be at their ripest. I walk calmly to the group, and she stops looking at me.

"Hello, I just couldn't help but come over here, your beauty is very attracting." She flushes as her friends giggle and start to walk away, the younger incubi willing them to leave their friend behind. Her eyes hold no light as I look into them, which makes a smirk peel across my face. Got you.

"You don't look too well." My voice holds a slight drawl, hypnotizing her into doing as I please. "Here there is a bench over here, come sit with me."

She doesn't fight me and moves to the bench, sitting down before myself. I look her over, biting my lip as I imagine what her pale skin felt like under all of those thin pieces of fabric. I reach out, placing my hand on her bare knee. Her life force is being sucked in by my fingers, and it felt good. I need somewhere to take this girl. She sits up, placing her head in the palms of her hands. Taking my chance, I lean in as she sits up and put my lips against hers in a kiss. I breathe in as much of her life force as I was allowed in one kiss.

"What the hell?" She tries to push me away, but I grasp her chin and pull her lips back to mine, pulling her back under my spell. She fought me for a mere moment but after that, I couldn't help myself from moving my hands along her body. She is a ball of life force, and I want to unravel her.

"Take me to your home." I murmur in her ear, and she stands, starting to walk to the left. I stand and follow her, wrapping my hand in hers so I can feed as we walk. The cool autumn breeze blew, causing the scents of others to mingle and crowd hers. As an attempt to single out her scent I wrap my arm around her waist, placing my hand against her bare stomach.

I feel the warmth, known as her life force spreading through the palm of my hand and up my arm until filled my chest. I inwardly groan as I press my want for against her buttocks. The girl starts to cross the street, and I pull her back as a car comes zooming down the road.