2 - Expectations

Momoring where are you? Dinner is ready!! Nayeon called out to Momo when everyone except the latter were all sitting on the floor in the living room, which also doubled as their dining table.

I'm coming, 5 more seconds! And after the sound of nylon bags opening can be heard for 3 seconds, Momo appeared from her room, all sweaty.

OMG why are you sweaty? I thought you said you would shower after learning that BTS dance. Jungyeon scrunched her nose and asked.

I really would, but that freaking dance is harder than I thought. Momo smiled innocently and batted her eyelashes as a way to ask for the others' permission to eat without showering first.

Okay, everybody eat up, I'm so hungry I don't think I can wait anymore, even with the fact that Momo only takes 15 minutes to shower. Jihyo knew that pleading look in Momo's eyes, and being the kind- hearted leader she was, she let the latter off the hook. But Momo, you need to take your share and eat it other there in the corner.

Momo happily complied as their living room is small, so it was not really a long distant from the others. It was just merely a punishment for the sake of it. Everyone also groaned just for the sake of it. Jihyo was always the soft one, and it was not the first time this happened actually.

Which one is it that you are learning, Momo unnie? Chaeyoung asked, as she was always the one joining Momo in practicing boy group dances. Last time, they had a really good time dancing to Call Me Baby by EXO. It was actually a good thing for the group's reputation, so without discussing it out loud, the members all tried to learn the choreography to the currently popular songs, in case an opportunity emerges. Momo and Chaeyoung specialized in boy group dances, while Nayeon, Mina and Jihyo preferred girl group songs. But they joined in on the other group's sessions all the time, so there was not much difference.

It's Dope. It is surprisingly fast and requires a lot of strength to merely keep up with the dance, let alone do it properly like the original. Momo sighed remembering her failed attempts.

Wow our Momoring finally meets with an obstacle haha. I am curious to see the dance now. Nayeon, being the playful and closest unnie to both Momo and Chaeyoung, said while clicking her toungue to irritate the dancing machine of the group.

After all the girls finished eating and retreated to whatever they wanted to do with their free time, Chaeyoung opened the MV on Momo's ipad and showed it to Nayeon while Momo took a shower. Of course Nayeon knew of BTS, they are mad famous right now. She can slightly recall learning their Run dance from Momo and Chae, but this Dope choreo was on another level. She admitted out loud with a stunned expression, which made Chaeyoung laughed.

Now you see huh? I don't even wanna know how long they have to practice to perfectly nail it in every performance like that. If our dance was half as hard and demanding as that one, I would have to ask PD nim to let me eat jokbal every single day, I swear to God. Momo came out of the shower just in time to hear Nayeon's exclaim and Chaeyoung's laugh.

Momo sat down and they started discussing about the group BTS. Of course Chaeyoung, being one of the youngest and unfortunately the ones with the least solo activities and the most leisure time, had her favorite in the group, she even knew some of their nicknames and fandom jokes.

This is the funny one, J-Hope, he is hilarious istg. And this Suga guy may seem energetic when performing like this, but he is actually a lazy ass, he even said that he wanted to be born as a rock in his next life. Chaeyoung pointed at the two guys and ranted about them like a true ARMY.

OMG really haha? Nayeon burst into laughter at the claim. Wow I didn't even know people can say that in interviews. He must be a weird one, then.

Yeah, he surely is. And these two are the most popular one, V and Jungkook. V's real name is Taehyung and I think he should have used it as his stage name instead, it's good. Chaeyoung said, eyebrows furrowed, a bit unsatisfied at the lack of justice for V's real name. Taehyung is popular for being the crazy funny and variety-show worthy one while Jungkook is the Golden Maknae.

Yeah? I have read about that in one comment but really I have no idea why. Momo looked at the younger one curiously waiting for an answer.

Because he is a special one, he can sing and dance really well, he has the visual, and also is the maknae. Chaeyoung expertly explained.

Wow, really? I have never heard about one like that in our generation. He really has it all huh? Nayeon said feeling quite jealous because she can sing and all, but her dance is not that good comparing to the whole group. Although all the members placed her only behind Momo in dancing, she knew Mina was better.

Nayeon is always the most hard-working out of the nine girls, being Park Jin Young's favorite does come with a responsibility after all. Not only JYP, but everyone expects the most from her, too. She is the oldest, she is chosen to be the center, she gets the most invites for variety shows. Yet at the same time, she has to sing and dance properly, being the center on stage in most of their songs. People may argue that Tzuyu is the most popular member, and that she is the real visual of TWICE. That was true, currently. But a good looking face and a great body is not enough. The center is chosen by her image and how close and fitting it is to the group's overall image. Take APink for example, Eunji is the most popular with her vocal, friendly personality and acting skill, but she has a girl next door down-to-earth image. APink is portrayed as innocent and cute girls, and Naeun has just the right image. She seems cute and innocent, but a little bit hard to approach, too. The same things goes with SNSD and Yoona. Taeyeon is the main vocal and pretty, but her image is not as suitable as Yoona.

So hearing an idol group member having it all, Nayeon was jealous, certainly. No matter how much she trained vocally, how hard she practiced her dancing, how many hours she spent learning about variety skills, she would never be the best. She would never be able complete her role as the center of TWICE, to fulfill others' expectation of her, and her own expectation of herself.

She would never be enough.

She knew that.

Yet she was the first one to arrive and the last one to leave the practice room everyday.

Sometimes, she just wanted to give up, to accept that fact and settle for less. More than a couple times she was frustrated at herself. She worked her ass off but she could never be like that guy.

Must be easy for you huh? She thought and bitterly chuckled.

So unconsciously, she felt intimidated by him, the Golden Maknae.

His name was Jungkook.