Light A Roman Candle With Me

Part 2: Rosa's POV:

I woke up at about half 2. It was nice to get some proper rest in my own bed after all the chaos from last night. School finished at twenty to 3 so I decided to get something to eat while I waited for Haley. My mother was in the kitchen when I got there. "Hey." I smiled opening the cupboard and getting a cup out.

"Hi." she mumbled sitting down at the table. I put some hot chocolate powder into the cup. Then I got some biscuits out. "Why was Nate with you last night?" I stopped halfway through putting sugar in my cup.

"I asked him to stay and he said yes." I explained after a short pause. I put two more spoons of sugar in with my hot chocolate powder.

"Why though?" she demanded taking a sip of her own coffee. I poured the boiling water into my mug.

"I just did. I don't really know why but I'm glad I did." I got the milk out of the fridge and poured it into my mug, "Send Haley up when she gets here please." I announced grabbing my stuff and walking upstairs.

Haley's POV:

"Where's Rosa today?" asked Mr Smith, our really attractive, Welsh history teacher. It was 10 minutes until the end of the day and we had already packed up.

"Home. Something happened at the gig last night." I mumbled putting my bag onto my back, "I'm going to see her after school if the bell would hurry up." Mr Smith looked out of the door.

"Go now. Don't let anyone catch you." he smiled winking at me.

"Thank you so much sir! I owe you one!" I grinned running out of the classroom and straight to the doors.

It took me about 10 minutes to run to Rosa's house, all those years of being forced into cross country running really paid off! I knocked on the door. "Hello?" Rosa's mum, Kelly, answered the door. "Oh. Hi Haley! Rosa's in her room."

"Hey Kelly! How are you?" I smiled politely walking into the kitchen and shutting the door behind me.

"I'm great thanks. How are you?"

"I'm pretty good thanks."

"Do you want a drink?" she asked getting me a glass out.

"Sure!" I grinned. She poured me a glass of orange juice, my favourite! "Thank you." I grabbed it and ran upstairs to Rosa's room, second room on the right, next to the bathroom. I knocked on the door and walked in. "Hey!" Rosa was sat in bed.

"Hiya!" she smiled putting her mug on her bedside table. I put my backpack on the floor by the door and sat at the end of her bed with my back resting against her poster covered wall.

"So?" I grinned patting her leg, "What happened last night!?"

"A lot." She laughed, rolling her eyes. "It all started when Nate was doing a speech."

It took her about 15 minutes to tell the full story. It probably didn't help that I kept interrupting her! "So he downloaded Kik just for you!?" I gasped when she had stopped talking. Her face lit up in a stupidly happy grin.

"I know right!" She laughed, covering her face with her quilt.

"Sounds like he likes you!" I laughed, winking at her. She just blushed."Oh! Mr. Smith let me out early and he WINKED at me!"

"OH MY GOSH!" She squealed putting her hand over her mouth.

Nate's POV:

I walked from the hospital to the hotel as it wasn't far away. I had my hood up so no fans recognised me. I wouldn't have been too bothered if they had, I just wanted to be alone to think. When I got back to the room Nattie was sat on the couch on his laptop. He turned his head when I walked in, his chocolate brown hair was a mess. "Oh. It's you. We all just assumed you'd come back just before the show like you usually do. Jack and Andrew have gone out for a run. Will and Emily have gone shopping." He explained before turning back to his laptop and carrying on with whatever it was he was doing before. I just sighed and went to get some breakfast from the fridge. There wasn't much in there since we were only staying for one night and everyone else had already eaten. I groaned and got the milk out to make myself some cereal, there wasn't much left. I poured the Frosties into the bowl. "Oh." I mumbled, there was about enough to fill half a bowl. There wasn't anything else to eat so I just poured the rest of the milk into the bowl and sat next to Nattie.

"So what happened last night? We all expected you to come back as soon as the ambulance came." Asked Nattie turning away from his laptop to face me. I swallowed the spoonful of cereal I had in mouth and looked at him, could I trust Nattie not to tell anyone... He was the one who'd let me go in the first place! Of course I could trust him!

"I like her. But don't tell anyone! I don't want this getting out..." I began explaining the story, how I knew, as soon as I saw her face, that she was the one for me, how she fell asleep in my arms and how her mom yelled at me to move.

"So you want to keep her? Nate I'm sorry but that's crazy! She's just a kid! We're goi-" Nattie began, completely closing his laptop.

"I don't care. You'll understand when you're in love." I butted in, trying to defend myself. I finished off my cereal and got up off the couch. "I'm going to take a nap."

This took a while! Hope you like it! Next part at 100 reads or 10 votes!