Chapter 5: The Trap

Start from the beginning

"So what's the plan?" Bobby asked.

"Why don't we ask Dong Hyuk about the flags' locations?" Jun Hue sneered. "He's on our side right?"

B.I. suddenly hit him on the back of his head.

"Ah! Yah! That hurts." Jun Hue started rubbing his head.

"Don't be such a dick and just concentrate on this." B.I. bared his teeth then looked at my direction. "Sung Jae-ah, I hope you know what you're doing."

"Of course I know." I said. "And we're going to win this one. Anyway, we have to split in order to take the lead. Hold on, scratch that one out." I looked over where Jun Hue was standing. "Alright, Everyone splits up except for Jun Hue. I'll go with him."

"What?" Jun Hue was confused. "Why? I can take care of myself."

"That's a good plan." B.I. agreed.

"Hold on, I'm not—" Jun Hue tried to protest again.

"Okay." Bobby nodded. "You can count on us."

Just then we heard a whistle coming from the inside of the building. We all flinched. The girls started to move, leaving us behind.

"Alright." I turned to my boys. "Call if anything came up, okay?"

"Right." Everyone nodded and left.

Jun Hue and I were already on our way to check up on the bathrooms when we spotted Soo Hayi wandering around outside the girl's washroom. I moved to block her but Jun Hue pulled me behind.

"Yah, she's going to—"

"Shhh..." Jun Hue giggled beside me. "Just watch. I actually prepared something a while ago."

I scowled but waited. When Hayi was nearing the door, a bucket of water suddenly fell off from above, splashing all the content into Lee Hi. Hayi gasped. Jun Hue laughed out loud making Hayi turned in our direction. I got out from our hiding place followed by Jun Hue and immediately went inside the washroom to look for the flag. When I passed Hayi, she was still standing in the same place looking stunned.

"Yah, you okay?" I asked.

Hayi blinked. "Yeah, I'm good. You should be careful though." Lee Hi tilted her head upwards. "There's some falling water around this area."

I frowned and left to continue looking for the flag. As soon as I got inside the first cubicle, I immediately saw the flag. It was a red flag with a number 1 written on it.

"I got it!" I screamed and ran outside.

"Seriously?" Jun Hue grabbed the flag from me. "Daebak. I think we're gonna win."

Both Jun Hue and I continued searching for the other flags. When we were nearing the laboratories I decided for me and Jun Hue to split up to ease the search. I was almost at the biology lab when B.I. suddenly came out from the very same room with a bloody nose.

"Yah, Cha Han Bin." I almost jumped out of shock. "What happened to you?"

"Sung Kyoung happened." B.I. groaned. "Aishhh... That little wench. I already had the flag but she kneed me on the face and stole the flag from me."

"Don't worry." I said. "We already got a flag. Jun Hue's keeping it safe."

Just then, we heard a scream coming from Song Su Hyun.

"What was that?" Jun Hue suddenly popped out of the door from one of the Labs.

We all turned and saw Bobby running in the hallways followed by Su Hyun.

"Yah! Kim Bobby!" Su Hyun grunted. "I saw that flag first! Give it back!"

B.I. looked at me. "That means we already got two flags. One more and we will win."

"Yah! Song Su Hyun!" Gu So Hyun suddenly showed up from around the corner followed by her friend, Sung Kyoung with a blue flag with a number 4 written on it. "What are you yelling about? What happened?"

"Your stupid cousin stole the flag from me!" Su Hyun pouted.

"Yah, I didn't steal it." Bobby waved the yellow flag with a number 2 written on it. "You might've seen it first but I got my hands on it first."

"Yeah, you tell her Bobby." Jun Hue egged on.

"Perfect timing So Hyunie." I interrupted. "Let me warn you. We already got two flags. One more and we will win."

"We would've won already if only that wench didn't steal the flag from me." B.I. glared at Sung Kyoung.

Sung Kyoung just smirked at him. "How's your nose doing? I hope it's not broken."

"You little—"

"Thank god you're all alright." Hayi suddenly showed up, still wet but smiling. "I thought you got yourselves wet too. Thankfully I found this cloth hanging around somewhere."

Just then we all noticed the cloth Hayi was using to dry herself. It was a green cloth with a number 3 written on it. Every one panicked. I looked at my guys and gave them a secret message that they actually understood. They immediately dissipated and went to look for the remaining flag. I turned to the girls and they were doing the very same thing we did just now, well maybe except for Hayi.

"What's going on?" Hayi asked, confused.

So Hyun patted Hayi's shoulder. "Good job Hayi-ah. Don't worry; we'll take care of the rest."

And just like that, So Hyun left. I followed her around without her knowing. When we were finally at the rooftop, So Hyun noticed a gold flag hanging on one of the railings. She moved to get it but I ran first and got the upper hand. I got the gold flag with a number 5 written on it first.

"Ah! Yah!" So Hyun tried to snatch the flag from me but I evaded her easily. "Give it back. I saw it first."

I wiggled my fore finger. "Sorry So Hyunie but I have to take this one."

I moved to run but I was surprised when So Hyun suddenly grabbed my arm. I turned to look at her but I couldn't see her face. She was bowing her head.

"Yah," I shook my arm but I couldn't shake her off. "Let go."

"Yook Sung Jae." So Hyun started.

I'm not actually sure what it was but there was some tenderness in the way she said my name. I got chills. I started to feel hot and my heart began to beat faster.

"Wh—" My voice cracked so I cleared my throat and tried again. "What?"

"Do you know how much you're troubling me right now?" This time, So Hyun looked at my eyes.

I gulped.

So Hyun moved to close the gap between us. "Why are you always mean to me? Do you really hate me that much because I don't." There was a pause. "I actually..."

My breath became labored. I was thinking that she was actually going to kiss me so I closed my eyes but when I felt that she was taking her time more than usual I decided to open my eyes and was horrified when I noticed that I didn't have the gold flag with me anymore.

"Aishhh..."

I hurriedly ran downstairs but when I got to the main lobby, So Hyun already gave the last flag to Chan Hyuk. I was too late.

"Yah," Jun Hue came towards me. "What happened up there? Gu So Hyun told us that you got a hold of the flag first."

"Did she perhaps knee you on the face too?" B.I. asked.

"Then his nose should be bleeding too." Bobby looked back at me. "What really happened up there?"

I looked over at So Hyun who in return smirked at me. Ah! I really hate her but I really love that smirk of hers too.

"It was nothing." I answered before turning to the boys. "I was just caught in her trap, that's all."