Chapter 5

**Note: The references to cars-I know nothing about cars, so if I got anything wrong, I don’t really care. I used Google for my basic research. This is a pretty long chapter as well.**

[Nathan]

“I’m going to kill her!” I screamed for the third time. She crossed the line with that last stunt of hers.

“No you’re not,” Jackson said with an exasperated sigh. “Why don’t you just admit you like her?”

“Because I don’t, so stop saying that! Who would like a girl like that anyway?” I said with as much disgust I can muster.

“You don’t know that. There may be some guys who like her,” he said quietly. I stopped pacing the grass and looked at him. His eyes had a solemn look in it, and then I knew.

“You like her,” I said in bewilderment. He gave me a smile and said nothing. Why hadn’t I noticed this before? “You should of told me.”

“I knew you were starting to like her, so I didn’t say anything,” he said staring off.

“But why now?” I asked. I decided not to state, once again, that I did not like her.

“I don’t know. I just couldn’t hold it in anymore,” he answered. He stood up and stretched, then gave me another smile. “It’s okay, though. I won’t get in your way. Now, I’m hungry. How about we go to McDonalds? I’m in the mood for a Big Mac.” I nodded and we headed toward my car.

The whole walk to my car, I felt horrible. He was my best friend, yet I never noticed. I really am a horrible person.

~~

[Camille]

“Come on Cali! Pleaseeee!” I begged. It was after school and I was trying to get Janice to go to McDonalds with me. I hated eating alone in any food place.

“No way. I’ll get fat from eating that crap. Besides, I have, uh, homework to do,” she said.

“But its Friday for petes sake! Who does homework on a Friday?!” I said. No way was I letting her get away with that lame excuse. “You can just get a salad, or water. You know how I hate eating alone.” I gave her my best puppy dog face and made my eyes watery. She couldn’t say no.

“Fine! But you have to go shopping with me tomorrow,” she said with a smirk.

“What?! That’s so unfair!” I whined. Whenever I go shopping with Janice, it would always end with us going to every freaking shop in the mall. Not to mention how she would try to dress me up in so called “cute” clothes.

“Take it or leave it,” she said crossing her arms.

“Fine,” I said pouting. I would normally give her a hell no, but I was super hungry.

“…can’t wait until I sink my teeth into that juicy burger.” I looked around Janice to see Nathan and his friend walking toward us.

“Dude, shut up. You’re making me hungry,” Nathan said. They both laughed and I was mystified. Nathan looked really cute when he laughed. From this distance, I could have sworn there were dimples.

When he spotted me, his smile faded and was replaced by a look of hatred. Well, he’s not so cute anymore; maybe just hot. I slapped myself in the head to get rid of those thoughts and gave him a similar look.

“What? Problem?” I asked.

“Yeah, your ugly face ruined the good mood I was in,” he said stopping in front of me. Janice stepped aside to give us room to insult each other.