Special Chapter

[Camille]

Paris—the city of love and all things French. It was a beautiful place, really. Visiting Paris would be anyone’s dream come true, right?

Well it wasn't for me.

I've been to Paris enough times to despise it. I'm not saying it was a bad place, only that I got tired of seeing the same ole' thing and the same ole' people. If it wasn't for my grandparents, I wouldn't visit this place so often.

"Ah, I remember that face," Christien said from beside me. I gave him my annoyed look. "Oh come on, it’s Paris! Do you understand how many people will kill to be here?"

"Well that’s them. I don't want to be here," I pouted angrily. "Grams and gramps ban any electronic devices except cell phones. Do you know how torturous this would be for me?"

"Oh, I know and I'm looking forward to it," he said smiling mischievously.

"Sleep with one eye open," I threatened.

"I can't believe we're here!" Janice yelled excitedly. For the past thirty minutes, she's been awe-struck. We were only waiting outside the airport, though, and she’s already said how wonderful it was and thousand and one times.

"Oh joy, now we have to listen to that on the way to grams and gramps," I said pointing an annoying thumb toward Janice.

I've known Janice for years, and I've never been so annoyed with her. Not even when she dressed me in those stupid outfits. Or the times where she tried to set me up on blind dates with a bunch of losers who thought it their right to touch me—to which I showed them what touching got them.

Well, now, I just wanted to strangle the life out of her. I wanted her to shut up about Paris and how freaking awesome-licious it is being here. And if I don't get to play any violent video games soon, I might just do that.

Also, awesome-lisious? Yeah, this vacation is to be suck so bad.

"Why does she look like she wants to murder me?" Janice asked terrified. She edged close to Christien for protection.

"Oh, that?" he said laughing. "She's having withdrawals. This is what happens every time we come here and she has no access to her video games. It gets interesting after a few days."

"I'm not so sure about that," Janice said looking at me warily. I ignored them as I waited patiently for our ride. I was glaring at anyone who made eye contact with me.

"Hello beautiful ladies.”

Two guys approached us with brilliant, cocky smiles on their faces. One was—dare I say—gorgeous. He was tall with light brown hair, blue eyes, and straight white teeth. He looked like a model that would be featured on the front cover of Apollo. His friend—well, there are no right words to describe him.

The most accurate description would be that he looked like the lovechild of Mr. Bean and Nicki Minaj. He had Mr. Beans face and Nicki Minaj’s hair, a flaming pink that did him no justice. All I could do was stare at the guy, wondering what the hell possessed him to come outside like that.

“I see the beautiful lady cannot keep her eyes off of me,” he said smiling smugly. He took my hand and kissed it, looking at me through his eyelashes.

“Hey buddy, hands off,” Christien said pulling me away.

I was too stunned to do anything myself. I mean, when you see someone like this, what were you supposed to do? Do you stare? Or should you laugh? Or should you just walk away? What about all three?

I looked at the other guy—the normal looking one. He was giving Janice a very suggestive look. She was staring at him, a frown on her face, while holding on to Christien. The guy winked at her and her face turned to disgust.

“Oh, I am sorry. Is this your girlfriend?” he asked while sizing Christien up. He tsk’d—as if Christien was nothing compared to him.

“She’s my sister,” he said tightly. He looked at the other guy to see him giving Janice ‘the look.’ He pushed her next to me and out of his sight.

“Come on pretty ladies. How about you come with us for a little fun? I'm sure it’s better than being with this guy,” Handsome said.

“No thanks,” Janice said spitefully. He winked at her and she gave him the finger.

“Is this really happening?” I asked Janice. I frowned while looking at the two guys, and turned back to her. “I mean, it’s not every day you see someone like…that.”

“Yes, Camille. They are real. Now be your overly aggressive and rude self to get these losers away from us,” she demanded.

“Hey, those are good qualities to have,” I pointed out defensively.

“In what way are they good? Ninety-five percent of the time, they're annoying and get us into trouble. I can’t even go to my favorite clothing store because of you,” she said.

“Okay, now that wasn’t my fault. That lady caused it by giving me that dirty look. It’s not my fault all the clothes were hideous.”

“Well you didn’t have to yell it all over the store!”

“Well if you want to talk about annoying, how about you? No one wants to hear how amazing this skirt, shirt, or freaking Paris is all the time.  I just want to punch you in the mouth sometimes.”

“Same goes for me, you annoying tomboy.”

We glared at each other, both not looking away. Janice and I have fought before, but it never lasted for more than a week. Supposedly, it’s always because of me.

“Girls, it’s okay. You don’t have to fight over us,” the Nicki-Mr. Bean look-a-like said. Janice and I both turned to glare at him.

“Shut the hell up you pop star reject,” we both said.

“The nerve of this guy, thinking he’s hot or something!” Janice scoffed.

“Especially when he looks like the failed attempt of reproduction by Nicki Minaj and Mr. Bean,” I added.

“Dude, that’s who he looked like! I got the Nicki part, but not Mr. Bean. The face matches perfectly,” Janice said.

“I don’t want to hear that from ugly girls,” he said heatedly.

“Oh that’s rich, coming from you!” I said laughing, with Janice joining in. I calmed down a bit and put a hand on her shoulder. “He called us ugly, when he was hitting on us a minute ago. Can you believe this guy?”

“There's also the fact the he looks like—” she didn’t finish as she laughed loudly.

We were getting funny stares from other people; even Christian was looking at us as if we were completely nuts. I'm not sure about Janice, but I felt as if all my frustration from being here was being laughed out. I laughed so much that tears streamed down my face.

“Guys, our ride is here, so can you stop embarrassing yourselves?” Christian said.

“See ya, Mr. Bean Minaj,” I waved as I got into the limo. He was fuming red and I laughed some more.

Maybe this vacation wouldn’t be so bad—this time.