-Chapter VII-

"No! No!" Ashlen screamed, punching her reflection. Her right eye had changed from its green and white to a glowing orange and black. The eye shot a thought threw her head that made her punch the reflection even harder, breaking her fingers in the process. "I don't want this! I'm turning into one of them! FUCK!" Her rage quickly subsided. She held her hand and started to sob. "Zoey! W-Why her? Why couldn't it have been me? She didn't disserve to die!" She only had a moment to cry before she heard a knocking on the glass.

"Hey.. You doing ok in there? We got the distress beacon. We are going to open the pod up and get you out of there."

Ashlen's eyes widened. "Oh shit... Fuck what do I do?" She started to frantically look around the pod, unsuccessful in finding anything. The pods  door ripped off. A marine then moved into sight, he smoked a cigar.

"Huh.. Well that's new. Never thought we would ever rescue a... young ghost lady."

Another voice came from behind the pod. "Sir, this is one of 'em Talazanian pods."

"Talazan?" The marine leaned in and stared at the interior of the pod, then at Ashlen. Taking notice of her eye. "What the... Ah, I know you now. The science project Mengsk was talkin about. Welcome back "princess"." The marine grabbed the radio and called for Mengsk. "Sir, we got her. What do you want us to do?... ... ... Understood sir." The marine backed up and pointed his rifle at Ashlen. "Get out... Slowly."

"Ok, ok!" Ashlen raised her hands and slowly got out of the pod. "What.. What is going on? What is going to happen to me?"

"Don't worry about it, all you need to know is that "mommy" is coming and you are very valuable in this coming war..."

"My.. mom? What dose she have anything to do with this?!"

The marine hit her with the butt of his rifle, causing her to get knocked out. "There... that will keep her quiet for some time... Bag her and move her to the facility now..."

Ashlen woke up some time later, her armor stripped and replaced with tattered prisoner clothes. She rubbed her head and let out a groan. "Where the hell am I now?..." She'd take a look around. Three metal walls, a semi cozy looking bed, a sink and a toilet that was semi private. Taking a look in front of her. "Glass?.... Oh great.. Just great! I'm in the science facility!"

"Ash! Ash are you ok?!" Nova uncloaked in front of the glass, Ashlen ran over and placed r hands on the glass.

"Mom! Mom please tell them to let me out!"

Nova looked at Ashlen's right eye, letting out a saddened sigh. "Ash... I can't, I'm sorry." Ashlen looked shocked, starring at Nova. Tears filling her eyes. "Ash... Listen, I have never been truly honest with you..."

"What... what do you mean? You have told me everything, never keeping anything from me and in turn I tell you everything... Mom, what is going on?"

Nova cloaked. "I am not your real mom Ash. I kidnapped you when you were born... The people the Dominion fight... James Raynor and Sarah Kerrigan, they are your parents... I took you under Mengsk's command. I pr-"

"Leave me alone Nova... I... I want to be left alone right now... Do that for me, please?" There was no reply, Ashlen starred at the ground for what felt like hours. The burning feeling came back, quickly holding the right side of her face. "Ah! N-Not again!"

"So... You can since nearby Zerg, good to know." A familiar voice said, talking down to her.  Ashlen looked up.

"M-Mengsk? W-Why? Is it because I couldn't defend Talazan? I-I'm sorry! So sorry, there was... just to man-EH!!" She clenched her face now. Mengsk just grinned.

"The more Zerg, the more it spreads... How interesting." He watched Ashlen drop to the floor, crying in pain, she hit the floor to try and get her mind off of the pain but found it ineffective.

"Get them away! P-Please get them away! It hurts, hurts so much!"

"No.. I will make you suffer just as much as your parents made me suffer. So when you see them, thank them."

"Why are... you so... corrupted?"

Mengsk scoffed. "Corrupted is what you are... An abomination is what you were born. Daughter of two traitors. Torturing you is the best thing to me right now... Bring in more Zerg... lets make her dress appropriately for our special occasion..."

"Please... don't... I want to stay human. I don't want to be like... her..."

Mengsk chuckled. "Add more Zerg." With that sentence Ashlen started to sob, feeling her body change. She tried to get away but was unable to do so. She was trapped. The burning feeling spread threw her body, causing her to cry out in pain. Tears filled her eyes as her body morphed, her human eye slowly changed, matching the other. Her fingernail grew into claws, her hair changed into Zerg dreads, her feet grew an inch longer, her toenails doing the same as her finger nails. Ashlen rolled onto her hands and knees. Three bulges started to shift and squirm on her back, a large seven foot tail ripped out from the cloth, joining it a pair of matching bone wings. They weren't as big as Kerrigan's; only being four feet in length. The skin on her neck and below started to change color, going from a tan skin color to a maroon color, she gripped her shoulders as she felt something grow and shift. She gripped the tattered clothes, ripping them off. Exoskeleton armor that was dark brown in color.

The burning stopped, Ashlen got up slowly. Starring at the glass, focusing on her reflection. "... ... Why...? What did I do to disserved this? Was it something I did?" She felt something brush up against her right leg, causing her to jump. "Eh?! Uh?" She looked, it was her tail coiling itself around her leg. She raised a brow. "Um... This is, not... This is me, but..." Her mind raced with emotional thoughts. "I guess... This is me now..."