-Chapter V-

A few hours passed, Ashlen finally finished putting everything in her dresser and desk. She picked her rifle up and placed it on her back. She took a soft breath and walked out of the living area, once outside she would take a look up, the sky was a light yellow with a hint of blue. It was a strange color but something about it made her feel safe, warm and energetic. She would close her eyes and felt the breeze caress her face.

"Pardon me but are you Ms. Raynor?" Ashlen would open her eyes to see a medic standing in front of her, the armor was dark green with yellow splatter details everywhere. The visor was blocking the face so she was unable to see the face. Ashlen would nod slightly in response.

"Yea, you are the medic who will be doing the check up, to safely assume?"

"Yup! Right this way please, this shouldn't take to long unless you are afraid of needles, and other pointy things... Heh.. Good times, good times." Ashlen would look slightly confused but chose it was best just to not ask. The medic would start to make her way towards the medical bay and Ashlen world follow. "So Ashlen, what was your life like before this new life that you are starting?"

"I... don't really want to talk about it. Just don't feel comfortable yet." The medic would wave her left hand in the air.

"Ah, its no sweat. Alright I do have one other question for you. Are you allergic to any medicine?" Ashlen would shake her head slowly. "Good, very good. Alright, we are here. Once we are inside have a seat on the table alrighty?" Ashlen would only nod in response. The medic would open the door, holding it open for Ashlen; Ashlen would make her way inside the surprisingly roomy medical bay, a total of fifteen tables for wounded or sick soldiers. On the desk to the left there was a name plate, 'Doctor Z.Gizmo'.

"Gizmo? Why dose... That name ring a bell?" Ashlen would stare at the name plate for a couple of seconds before the medic placed her hands on Ashlen's shoulders. She would slowly turn her head towards the medic.

"Because silly, Gizmo is the last name of your best friend in J.G.A. I honestly thought you forgot about me. Its been a while right Ashlen?" The visor would retract, Zoey's soft brown eyes would stare into Ashlen's emerald green eyes. Ashlen would stare in shock, the room was filled with silence for a few minutes. Zoey would smile and take Ashlen into her arm's. "Seems like we both got what we wanted." Ashlen would slowly nod her head in agreement.

"Y-Yeah.. Seems so." Ashlen's face would quickly change, a smile formed on her face as she wrapped her arms around Zoey's armor. "You have been here the whole time? That is probably why I was unable to find you." Ashlen would let out a light chuckle.

"Yea, I was unable to find you but I was able to get the commander to request you. I heard about what you can do. Nova being your mentor. Wow lucky you. Did you learn anything? Besides you know.. Not dodging punches?" Zoey would smile and take a step back, Ashlen would smirk.

"I can show you if you want. Have you been keeping those punches in keen?" Zoey would raise an eyebrow as she let out a soft chuckle. Ashlen would playfully flick Zoey's forehead.

"I'd show you but, I this place isn't like the academy. We'd get in trouble... Maybe were eyes cannot wander to us. But finding a spot like that here in... ... Quite challenging."

Zoey would nod her head slowly in agreement. "True... Well good news is you check out. You are Aye-Ok. So, have you been well? It's been years since we've seen one another."

"Yea.. Its so strange, seeing you again. We both have achieved what we wanted to do. Heh, I don't think it could get much better then this." Ashlen would lay on one of the beds, she would look at the lamp that was on the left side of the bed. "You mind if I turn this off and nap for a few? I feel... Kind of sleepy."

Zoey would smile, walking over to the desk that the lamp was setting on. *Click* The small area of the room went dark. "Yea, get some rest Ash. When you wake up, if I'm not here I should be patrolling the wall. O-" The sound of light snoring filled the room. "Silly."