-Chapter III-

It's been a few days since Nova gave her class the project, most of the students left there Rifle as is, the others like Ashlen were modifying there rifle. The sky was covered in dark clouds, rain was pouring heavily from the sky. Ashlen was in her dorm, parts of her rifle were scattered around the floor and at the desk were she sat. Zerllets were impaled on the dart board in front of her. She would let out a sigh as she stared out the window, she thought about what the dark Templar said to her. Why did it make her feel so uneasy? Was he just messing with her mind or did he really mean what he said. She shook her head and went back to work. Hours later Ashlen snapped her fingers.

"That is what I'll do with it, Mentor Nova you will be so proud. Heh, well I hope she'll be proud." Ashlen would grab parts of the rifle, sanding some to make them smooth. Others modifying the barrel to were it matched the shape of the Zerllet perfectly. Once everything was put together she went to the firing range. She checked to see if anyone was there, she didn't see anyone but just to be sure she got on her knees, placing her left hand on the ground. Ashlen would close her eyes, opening her right one a few seconds later her eye color changed from a green to a soft orange green. Everything was a dark grey color with a red outline she was able to see most if not everything like this, there was a blue outline in the far right corner. She closed her eye and got up, opening both eyes once she stood up. Ashlen then made her way to the now empty looking corner, she grabbed her rifle and hit the corner with the end of her gun, it was stopped by a hand that soon came into sight. Soon the whole figure uncloaked itself. It was Nova, Ashlen's eyes widened as she quickly backed up. "M-Mentor! Deepest apologies I thought you were someone else!"

Nova would smile and pat her head, she would then flick her forehead. "You did the right thing but seriously Ash, you have to think. Do just use the end of your rifle for once try to shoot something ok?" Ashlen would look down and nod her head slowly. "Anyway, I've come to see if you've finished. Everybody is at the outskirts. Your rifle is much lighter, please tell me you didn't take parts out to make your rifle lighter like your dorm mate... Just because it's lighter, doesn't mean the bullets will go faster..."

"No Mentor, I didn't. All I did was simply add and remove. I made it to were it is more easy to handle when using the Zerllets." Nova would nod, patting Ashlen's left shoulder.

"Ah, figured you would try that. Well you are going to need it were you are going. Mengsk asked for me to do this so he could 'decide' were to send you guys."

"Send us? What do you mean by that? I'm not done here, I haven't even graduated from the academy as of yet. Why is he sending us off?"

Nova would shrug slightly. "Don't know, I'd keep you guys here if it was my call, but its not so... Yea. Just grab your rifle and lets go Ash." Ashlen would quickly nod and follow. They would make it to the outskirts of the city five hours later. There Ashlen would see her classmate and Mengsk himself. Nova and Ashlen both got out of the car, Nova would walk over to Mengsk and salute him. Ashlen did the same a moment after. Mengsk glared at Ashlen.

"I herd a lot about you Ashlen, I hope you do not disappoint."

Ashlen would quickly shake her head. "No sir, you don't have to worry about that. I swore to do as you instructed until my last breath. You won't have to worry about a single thing sir." Mengsk would raise an eyebrow hearing her. She sounded a lot like Kerrigan when she was still under his command. He would the smirk.

"Good to hear, then I will be giving you the most important task. Ashlen, you are to go to Talazan IV. There you will be on outpost number Xe-17, Talazan IV is a mineral rich planet. Do not let it fall do you understand me?" Ashlen would bow her head in response. "Ashlen you leave tomorrow, good luck." The rain seemed to only fall harder, he looked to the sky as a shiver ran down his spine. Ashlen would look at Nova with a soft nervous smile. She was both excited and scared, was Talazan IV really this important? Were there no other mineral rich planet to send her on? No, there couldn't have been. She remembered reading about Talazan IV a couple of weeks ago. High Yield minerals as far as the eye can see. The only problem was that it was by a Zerg controlled planet. She would shrug softly, what's a few Zerg going to do? Nova would pat Ashlen's back with a gentle nod, both Nova and Ashlen headed back to the academy. Once they got back Ashlen ran to her dorm and started packing for the next day.

The next day Ashlen woke up to a surprise, Jacob was gone. Everything he had in the room was no longer there. All that was left was a rose with a photo of him and Ashlen striking a secret agent pose. A soft smile on her face. "Heh, seems like you are already gone then.. Thanks Jacob." She took the picture and slid it into her bag, the rose followed after. Ashlen grabbed her bags and went to the drop ship, she stared at Korhal's sky once more, closing her eyes once she felt the cool breeze. She quickly opened her eyes and looked to her left side. There he was again, Zeratul. Ashlen stared at him for a moment before her concentration was broke. 

"Scuse me ma'am, you are Ashlen Raynor correct?" Ashlen turned her attention to the pilot. Nodding her head.

"Aye, I'm guessing you are the one who is taking me to Talazan IV then?"

"Yes ma'am, we need to get going now. Apologies but we are on a tight schedule."

"It's fine, I understand." Ashlen looked over at the area were Zeratul was at, the only thing she seen was shadows vanishing. She shook her head and got on the drop ship. "What is your game..." She would sit back and stare at the metal floor. "Well, at least I get to go somewhere new." She chuckled to herself softly.