~51~ i scream, yøu scream

Requested by foreversun1558  <3

|-/ jøsh dun |-/

I chuckle to myself as Josh drags me around the amusement park, running to different rides like the man-child he is.

It's tradition for Josh and I to go to the amusement park every year and ride all the rides...all except for one–the roller coaster.

Josh has known me for several years and he's aware of my fear of roller coasters. Like the good friend that he is, he would always avoid that ride.

The sun is beginning to set, throwing bright colors across the partly cloudy sky. The air finally grows colder, and since I'm wearing a short-sleeve shirt, I shiver as a breeze hits my bare arms.

I expect Josh to tease me for shivering and call me a wimp, but he had been acting different strange for the past hour.

"Are you cold?" He asks sincerely.

I shrug and flex the muscles in my arm. "I'm a strong woman. I can handle it!"

Josh laughs and shakes his head, gently taking my hand, a different gesture from the tugging and pulling he was doing earlier.

I'm so busy wondering why Josh is acting this way that the two of us wander around aimlessly. When I draw my attention back into the real world, I see that we're standing in front of the roller coaster.

My heartbeat quickens, but something inside me tells me that I should face my fears and ride the roller coaster.

Josh looks at me and squeezes my hand. "Do you want to ride it, Y/N?"

I swallow the lump in my throat and nod. Josh smiles and the two of us get in line.

The line isn't too long, so after 10 minutes go by, we finally reach the front of the line and get into the cart.

When the worker closes the bar over my lap, I start to shake and a sense of dread washes over me. Josh notices this and he takes my hand again.

"I'm right here, Y/N. I'll be so proud of you when we get off." Josh encourages. "I'll hold your hand the whole time."

"Thank you, Josh," I truly have the best friend ever.

The roller coaster starts to move, making a clicking sound as it goes up the hill. Josh holds my hand tight as we approach the top.

The coaster stops at the top of the hill and I gasp when I see how high we are.

"Y/N, can I tell you something?" Josh asks.

I look at him, but before I can speak, Josh's lips are on mine. My stomach flips at the feeling of his soft, warm lips on mine. From the corner of my eye, I see a flash, and then the roller coaster flies down the hill.

Josh and I pull away and scream as the coaster dives to the ground, looping back up and down again.

The ride is over and I feel happier than I have ever been before. I had conquered my fear of roller coasters, and Josh kissed me.

It wasn't until now that I realize how handsome he looks with his curly, red hair all over the place and his gorgeous eyes.

"I'm proud of you, Y/N," Josh smiles, picking me up and spinning me around in his arms.

He puts me down and his eyes sparkle. "Let's see how the picture turned out!"

We walk over to the booth and see the picture of Josh and I kissing. A few people around the booth smile at us, whispering about how cute of a couple we were.

"Well Y/N," Josh begins. "It would be a shame if I had to throw away this picture, so, I wanted to ask if you would be my girlfriend?"

I smile and run into his arms. "It would be a honor to call you mine, Mr. Dun."

A/N: Heyyy so I have an art channel on Instagram that I just started called @rachelart.exe and if you guys followed me it would mean the world to me.

Here's the picture I just finished today. It took me about 2 hours. Tell me what you think :3

We're throwing a surprise birthday party for my mom tomorrow with a live 80s cover band so I'm pretty stoked about that

Warped Tour is less than a week away!! If anyone is going to the June 29th date, let me know because if we ran into each other that would be sick 👌🏼

Have an awesome day, stay beautiful and stay alive

Love, Alex