Assassin's Bride Chp5

Start from the beginning

"Nothing serious enough for you to worry about, brother. They are just people from our mother's past, mother wanted to meet her friend again," he explained, ran a hand through his hair. He knew that I knew he was lying, so did Rory we stared at each other until the maid got out of the living room.

"I hear heartbeats," I confessed, sat on the couch.

"You always hear them," Tybalt retorted. I sighed.

"I did not open the gates of the jutsu today, yet I hear them," on this Rory went pale and Tybalt rubbed his beard in disquiet.

"Are you certain?" Tybalt investigated I nodded.

"Who's the source," Rory interrogated. I looked at him for a while then he cursed under his breath. "This is not normal," he added.

"I am confused as to what our dearest mother is planning," I said in a small voice, knowing well enough they heard.

"Only you can find out what she is trying to do," Tybalt said confidently. There was a long pause then I stood up.

"Very well brothers, I should go and meet our guests," with that I left thinking what was going through my mother's mind.

If what I think is true then I shall make a move!

~*~*~

Her name was Faith; she was the owner of the heartbeats that crossed the boundaries of my control over the jutsu. When I met her in the gardens her heart was beat fast, two conclusions can be made out of this, one the girl must be terrified second she did not like my presence there. Then again the thing that twisted all my thoughts was when I shook her cold hand, her heart just went back to normal and when I let go, there they were, fast like a merciless wind.

Throughout dinner, I only surveyed her, I knew well enough she was uncomfortable and hated the face I denied to look elsewhere but I had to. Either this woman was brilliantly talented in hiding something or was remarkably innocent. The way she talked about Assassins proofed she was just another normal yet innocent girl.

When mother indirectly ordered to take Faith to her home, I knew what mother endeavored. The wax seal was stamped on the parchment and I got every single thing that happened. So I went along with the wind. The ride back home she told me about her family, her job. I was indeed attentive but not at all rapt in her life or her but the mere thought, that I could hear her heartbeats was my main concern.

She perceived something, which I thought she will not, clever of her to ask me how I knew her address. Faith had no idea I knew everything about her. Before dinner was served I made sure her address, the place she works, what she does all week is known to me. So I had to lie.

In my life, I have never been so muddled about anything but this. To hear her heartbeats was not normal, it was dangerous but then again can I blame myself with everything that revolves around us? I drove back home exceedingly vexed. I attempted to find the answer of this new mystery. When I failed I got out, slammed the door shut and went in with car keys in hand then stopped three feet away from the grand stairs.

Tybalt was waiting for me, his hand placed on the railing and other in his pocket, there was a look in his eyes, a look that said we need to talk. "I suppose you know why I am waiting for you," he said serene.

"I have had a long day Tybalt, I need rest," he shook his head. I sighed and walked forward, stood just a stair away from him. He was taller; I did not raise my head instead made him bent a little.

"What are your thoughts, Cloud?"

"You know me better than anyone, Tybalt, you know I cannot risk an innocent girl's life. She will die if I do what mother wishes," I spat harshly; he placed his hand on my shoulder and looked straight in my eyes.

"I am sure you already know her reality, you also know why mother is doing this," he argued.

"I know why she is doing it, but you must understand, you must surly understand that my life is not as simple as yours or anyone in this house," I looked back in his eyes, my older brothers eyes.

"Tell me brother don't you want what mother is providing you, name, dominance and worship in that world" his eyes held a smile.

"I am sure you already know what I want," he gave a nod to my reply.

"Then why hesitate?" Tybalt demanded.

"The girl will die if I involve her with me,"

"How can you be so certain, you are an-," he trailed off.

I ran a hand through my hair, "Even if I am one I cannot always keep an eye on her," I said and climbed two stairs higher, now making him raise his head to peer at me.

"You have us," he encouraged. I stood there and went through the mental fight. His eyes looked at me, waiting for my final answer, waiting for me to give in.

"Very well, I will do it, do not forget protecting Faith is not only my job from now on, Tybalt," here he threw his head back and laughed on his victory, little did my brother know I had already planned of doing what mother wanted the moment I saw that girl. He patted my shoulder, with a smile on his lips. Tybalt rotated around and departed for his room.

Things are going to change and I better get ready for the worse.

________________________________________________________

So how was it? Tell me what you guys think in your comments and DO vote! 

 ♥~*♥ The Queen