12: The Player's First Crush

Start from the beginning

I blew my chance with him. We were finally on okay terms and I ran away. Why would I do that? I cursed myself again. I shouldn't cry like this, people only cry like this when they had a heart break. I can call what I experienced a heart break, though I'm the one that caused it.

"Annabelle, whats really going on?" I jumped up when I heard his voice. It didn't occur to me that he will ever attempt to talk to me, let alone follow me here. I shook my head not trusting my voice.

"I know you're not crying because of my grandma, what's wrong?" He sounded concerned which only made me want to cry more. I miss this Daniel. I sniffed.

"Nothing," I managed to whisper. I wiped my tears and stood up determined for him not to see me like this. I faced him and kept a straight face. "Nothing is wrong, I just have a lot on my mind."

"Is everything okay?" Daniel asked. I felt my knees getting a little weak, but I remained standing up. This was the Daniel I knew and loved, always concerned about me. I wanted to say "No everything is not okay, I just want a hug." Instead I said, "Don't act like you care!" And I walked away. It was something I seem to be doing a lot lately walking away, as if I could walk away from my problems. I don't know how Daniel looked like when I said what I said. I wanted to see his face. I felt bad for thinking it, but I wanted him to be hurt that I walked away. I want to mean something to him.

Something caught my hand right before i made it to the parking lot. I turned around to find the only person I didn't want to see at the moment. Daniel Swift.

"Annabelle, seriously, what's going on? I'm trying aren't I? Usually I would just walked away letting you cry." He's trying? Trying to do what? I didn't have the strength to ask him. I didn't even have the strength to stand up, I just wanted to put my arms around him. And I did. I let my gaurds fall for just two minutes where I can enjoy Daniel's embrace. The best part was when Daniel hugged me back. What if we could finally be friends again? What if everything could go back to the way it would be? I knew it wouldn't happen, but I continue to hold on hope, even though I know I shouldn't.

"Why were you crying?" Daniel asked. I looked into his familiar green eyes. I surpressed a smile.

"I was just having a bad day." I exhaled a little too loudly. I miss this Daniel, could I have gotten him back? I was just happy he's here.

Daniel:

Something was different about Annabelle. Not the crying part, she was always emotional, but the way she acts. Or maybe it's the way that I see it.

We walked to the parking lot. "Want to get something to eat?"She asked quietly. I nodded, and took her hand, then I felt something which made me let go. She looked at me curiously, I just smiled and shook my head. Luke's fucking up the way I think. He said when he touches Melenie he feels an electricity jolt run up threw his spine. That kind of shit only happens to girls. I'm sure she just accidently shocked me.

"Daniel," Annabelle said stopped in front of me. I looked into her sad honey blond eyes waiting for her to continue. "Why are you acting like this? You hate me." She shook her head as if arguing with herself. Not wanting to explain it to her I took her hand - ignoring the accidental shock it gave me again - and took her to the closest fast food restaurant.

"Take a seat I'll order," I told Annabelle. We took the ten minute walk to McDonalds. If Annabelle didn't change, she would want a double cheese burger. I'm sure she did change, I'm still going to get her that. I looked back at the table she was sitting. She's playing with the hem of her shirt trying to keep herself occupied.

"May I take your order?"

"Uhh, yeah. Two double cheese burger and two coke's," I ordered. She nodded and winked at me, discreetly checking me out. By now I would have said something to make her giggle, or get seductive, but I didn't.