VIII - Bitter Reunion

Beginne am Anfang

"Kakashi," he started, before I could ask him anything, "I'm not going to explain anything, because your little brother and his teammate gave me a headache. But there's someone who wanted to meet you. Take your time, Team Minato."

Team Minato? What?

My biggest question was answered when the Hokage teleported away. There, behind the spot where Lord Sarutobi was, stood the biggest idiot I've ever known.

He had his fingers in his black hair, his onyx eyes staring at me with a strange glint. The right half of his face was scarred badly, while he kept wearing that stupid grin on his face, waiting for me to say something.

Now, don't get me wrong. I watched his death, but my brother had told me that he's alive. And my recent days had been filled with craziness, so this is nothing.

I sighed, looking back his eyes. Seems like he got a transplant. At least they're both of the same color, unlike mine.

"Okay. How the hell can you be here?"

His eyes widened, his hands raised to cover the lower half of his face as he faked a hurting expression.

"Kakashi, how cruel, you don't even miss me?"

I chuckled, and he bursted out laughing, suddenly pulling me into a brotherly hug.

"I'm back, Hatake." He muttered, but I can hear his grin in his voice.

When he pulled away, I was proven right. He was grinning wide, ear to ear, walking past me, entering the house.

"Now, Kakashi, before you start the story for me, I have a question." The Uchiha started. I looked at him, closing the door behind me. He walked towards the kitchen, calmly taking out some snacks and put them in his mouth. I watched as he turned his attention back at me, crossing his arms.

"This reunion is not yet complete. Where's Rin, Sensei, and Kushina-san?"

I froze.

No One

At Kakashi's lack of reaction, Obito narrowed his eyes in suspicion. However, years of working as a special agent had sharpened his sense, his instinct. His eyes soon widened in realization.

"No... Don't tell me..."

"I'm sorry, Obito." The Hatake mumbled, "They passed away."

"A-All of them...?"

Kakashi weakly nodded. Obito looked down and slammed his fist onto the table, growling in frustration. "How?" He asked, "Explain."

"When Kushina-san gave birth to her son, the Kyūbi went wild, destroying the village. She died protecting her newborn son, while Sensei, as the Fourth Hokage, died sealing the Kyūbi inside his son."

"What about Rin?" He asked, his voice getting madder. At his teammate or the reality, or himself, no one can tell.

"She died... KIA."

"Details, Hatake." the Uchiha technically growled, "I know she's dead and I asked you how, so answer me!!"

Kakashi looked away, clenching his fists. "During the war, Kirigakure sealed the Three-Tails into her."

Obito instantly looked up, "You can't be serious."

Kakashi didn't react, instead he lifted his right hand, staring at the his palm as he gritted his teeth. "We were surrounded by Kiri nins, and we found out that they wanted to release the Sanbi in Konoha. And for Rin... This scared her..."

Obito shook his head in fear. Rin wouldn't kill herself, right? Wait, he thought, my Mangekyō Sharingan was awakened, that means something happened with Kakashi right? It could only be awakened when the user killed his loved ones, that means-...