Chapter 20: Day and Night

Start from the beginning

     Heath knew that his son would be a public spectacle so he hired security. At kahit saglit pa lang sila doon kanina mabilis na kumalat ang balitang nasa Enchanted Kingdom si Heath Ford kasama ang anak nito. Soon enough people came in packs. Hezekiah was curious why people were taking pictures of them but it didn’t spoil his excitement towards the rides.

      “Sabi niya hindi mo naman daw siya hahabulin?”

      “Tita, sa sampung sinabi ko sa kanya kagabi isa lang ang totoo. Na mahal ko siya. Kaya sira siya kung inaakala niya na hindi ko siya susundan. Kahit ilang beses niya akong ipagtabuyan at kahit ilang beses siyang umalis, babalik pa rin ako sa pwesto kung saan abot-kamay niya lang ako.”

     Napangiti ang mama ni Venice sa kanya habang pinupunasan niya ang bibig ng anak. He’ll call his manager later so he could book the soonest flight.  

      “You need to have a strong heart if you want to be with her.”

     Napangiti na din si Heath dito. Tinapos nila ang pagkain at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad sa loob ng park. She would definitely fly back to Barcelona, he concluded. He silently devised a plan on how to catch her.

     This time, really this time, if he needed to gag, bind and chain her next to him he would.

     He was so focused that he didn’t know that fans were swarming behind them, restlessly taking pictures whenever they can.

      “HEATH FORD!”

     Someone screamed inside the sea of people.

     Napatigil si Heath sa paglalakad ng marinig ang pamilyar na boses na iyon.

      “HEATH FORD!”

     Inilapag ni Heath si Hezekiah na kanina pa niya buhat pagkatapos nilang kumain. Heath with all his alerted senses turned around and was greeted with hundreds of fans pushing and screaming the moment he turned. His eyes scanned the place instantly.

     It was just then that he saw her.

     Jumping up and down, her thin arms waving hysterically. He only saw the top of her head but he knew it was her instantly.  Just like in Barcelona.

      “Ha!” Heath unbelievably said as an unfamiliar feeling flooded his entire system, almost drowning him.