Chapter 17: An overdose of violence

Start from the beginning

“He could have just sent them up with a guard.” He responded trying to sound casual.

I grinned. “Yes, he could have. But what is the fun in that?”

Something flashed through his pupils on that response.

Hahahaha.

I turned and resumed the route to my quarters. Judging from his footsteps he was still following me.

I opened the door to my cabin and I felt a hand softly on my upper arm.

“He is only going to use and hurt you, you know?” he said with a shaking voice.

“God, I hope so. And definitely down there.” I said to him grinning like the Cheshire cat and pointing to my crotch.

That shut him up completely and I shut the door in his face.

Kieran’s POV

She shut the door in my face.

I stomped back to the bridge on my way passing that oversized hunk of steroids with two blueberries.

I growled and couldn’t stop myself.

I launched myself on top of him and started beating his brains out.

I don’t give a flying f*ck. This guy is not going to f*ck Zea.

The blueberries shrieked and ran away.

I took my rage out on the guy. He tried to defend himself but I was much stronger.

With a bloodcurdling scream I clawed my hand through his chest and ripped his heart out and threw it down the corridor so that it smashed against her door.

It slid down the wood, leaving a dark bloodstain behind.

The door swung open. Zea first stared at me, then at the pilot’s body and finally at his heart that was lying in pieces in front of her feet.

She let out a frustrated scream and stormed over. She moved so quickly that I didn’t see her fist coming until it connected with my jaw.

“You stupid f*ck. You just killed a valuable pilot. He was the best in his squad.” She yelled, her face two inches from mine.

She looked around.

“And where are the aliens?” She screamed.

I shrugged. “They ran away in fright.”

She hit me again.

And again. And again.

I did the only self-defence manoeuvre that worked the last time.

I pulled her down and kissed her.

It didn’t work this time. She bit me hard in my lip and pulled herself free.

I touched my lip; it hurt like hell.

She sat straddled across me, looking at me furiously.

“I hate you.” She hissed.

I touched her face and slowly caressed her cheek with my thumb.

“No, you don’t.” I whispered.

She looked at me intensely for a few seconds before something changed in her demeanour and she jerked her face away from my hand.

“I promised mother to leave you intact during our mission.”

She pushed herself up and stepped back from me.

“As soon as we touch Vampire soil again, I am going to hunt you down and rip you apart. Your ass is mine.” She said coldly before walking back to her cabin and smashing the door behind her.