Chapter 5

Over the next seven years everything was pretty calm. But, one day Zapp was getting apples and two timber wolfs jumped out and attacked her. She defended them of, but she had a scratch over her left eye and her nose, a big deep scratch on her front left leg, and chung out of her left ear. She limped back to the barn where Golden Delicious was emptying a wagon of apples when she fainted from all the blood loss.

She woke in a hospital room. She saw an ive in right foreleg and an eye patch on her left eye. She also had a deep red bandage on her left foreleg. She saw Applejack, Dash, Mythic, Bookworm, Wild , Gypsy, Secret, and Granny Smith (who was sleeping in a conner.)

"Wha-what happened?" She asked. She tried to sit up, but a wave of dizziness washed over her.

"Just lay down." Aj said as she put another pillow be hide Zapp.

"How long was I knock out?"

"Thirty moons. How much do you remember?" Rainbow said as she trotted over to one side of the bed.

"I was gettin' apples when two timber wolfs jumped out and attacked me and then I trotted to the barn. I don't remember anything else."

"That is because ya blacked out." Aj said. "Ya lost a lot of blood. Golden Delicious put ya in a small wagon that we have around just for stuff like that. He ran and got me and Rainbow and we rushed ya to the hospital."

"Where is Golden? Ah need to thank him."

"He is back at the farm with Apple Music, Big Mac, Apple Bloom, Pipsqueak, and Applebud. I'll go get the nurse and tell her that you're awake." Rainbow said and trotted off. In about 10 minutes Dash and Nurse Redheart walked in.

"I'm glad that you are awake. How do you feel?"

"Ah little dizzy. Other than that ah feel fine. I'm a bit hungry, though."

"I'll go get you some Jell-O. I'll be right back." the nurse left.

"Has anything else happen while I was knocked out?"

"No. Ponies have stopped by to see how you were doing. Some brought gifts." Applejack said pointing to a small stack of boxes.

"Do you know what's in them?"

"No, we thought that you would like to open them." Mythic grabbed one with her magic. "Do you want one now?" she asked.

"Sure." Mythic put the package on Zapp's lap. Zapp Apple opened the box and it was a rainbow scarf.

"Who is it from?"

"It says, 'To: Zapp Apple, From: Fluttershy. Feel better soon'. Bookworm can ya tell Fluttershy that ah said thanks."

"Yes,"

"Next one please." she opened it, "Some sweets. From Pinkie. Tell her ah said thanks Gypsy, please. Next one please." This one was small, but it had a little bit of weight to it. "A bag of bits? From Twilight. Myth can you please tell her that ah said thanks please."

"Yea."

"Next one please. A quilt. From Rarity and Secret. Thanks Secret and can you tell rarity that ah said thank you."

"Yea, I'll tell her."

"Last one. Here, it is a little heavy."

"It is a little heavy. It is from.........."

"Who?" They all ask.

"The Princesses; Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Flurry Heart, and Nidra. And Prince Sun Rise." She pulls out a big bag of bits and a envelope. "14 tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala."

"14!? Are ya shore?" asked Applejack.

"Yea, there are 14 tickets. When is the Gala?"

"It is in 60 moons. You should be healed good cause you ain't got broken bones. Ya will have to miss Winter wrap up though. It is in 5 moons. Once you get back to the farm ya won't be able to work for a few moons."

"Do ya know when ah will be able to get out?"

"Yes." the nurse said. She explained, "Since you are awake you are able to go home in about a moon or two. We just need to make sure that you are healthy enough to go home. Matter of fact it is time to check your blood press ore. Hold still." She put the devise on Zapp's right front leg. It took her blood press ore. "She is perfectly fine she should be able to go home tonight. I will go get the doctor's signature and you will be free to go." Then the nurse left the room.

"Well I got to go. I'll see you ponies later." Mythic said.

"I got to go too. I still have to do flight practice. See you later." Wild said. They both left. Then the nurse walked in.

"Good news. You can leave once I change your bandages, take out your ive, and check your cuts." Once she did that, Dash flew to the farm and came back with a wagon. Once they got back to the farm they got Zapp a rocking chair and put it next to granny's chair.

"Let me help ya." Golden said. He lifted Zapp out and helped her walk to her chair.

"Thanks for everything ya did, Gold."

"It's nothin'. Now ya rest. I'll do your chores till ya get better." Golden whispered while he walked.