This will be full of unexpected twists and turns

Forcing my eyes open I look upon the tall, grey buildings - looming above me, threatening to fall over. I stretch and yawn, turning to look at my companion, lying asleep and snoring. "Wakey wakey!" I exclaim. No reply follows, not even a disturbance to his peaceful slumber so I repeat my wording and then eventually just give up and elbow him in the ribs. He flutters open his eyes and groans. His wide mouth stretches open revealing a pulled back tongue and sharp carnivorous, bear-like, tusks. He licks his lips just like dogs do when they yawn. He slowly stands up and I do too. 

Climbing onto his back, I stare at the horizon, well, the huge building at the end of the road, replacing the horizon... If there is one... Perhaps it is all just a paper cut out, really?

As we run together, entwined I can see the end building getting closer and closer and closer and... It's standing right in front of it and that's it, there is nothing here. Is this the end? can I finally see Clara after all this time and trauma? No it can't be, it wouldn't end that abruptly, I'm sure there would be a lot of drama and suspense, not just... BAM! There it is. There has  to be something. Doesn't there?

I search and scan the area and find nothing apart from the cursed buildings that brought only death and bullshit. I walk closer to the end building and my foot slips, my black trainers skeaking on what sounds like metal. I stare down at my feet, move them out the way and see nothing but a drain cover.

A drain cover? Is the next area in the sewers? Duh. who am I kidding, if I know Dark horse and I know I do, he loves to follow cliches and this would be the cliche-est of cliches. I pull open the cover and see the metal ladder rungs nailed into the side of a huge cavity, dug into the concrete. Oh well, there's only one way to go. 

I descend into the darkness, with Duncan following behind me, blocking out the sunlight from the sun. I pull out... Joe's... Joe... His torch and shine it at Duncan to make sure he's okay. He squints and growls before I point the torch into the dark abyss below, still one hand on the runs. I strap it to my belt and continue the dive.

When I reach the onto I jump off and shine the torch around, scanning the walls and floor. Slimy water  soaks in the tops of my shoes and dampens them. Oh Jesus. 

I step forward and water splashes up my legs, moistening them. I hear the splashing noise of Duncan's four hairy feet in the water. I step forward again and beckon Duncan over to me and he cowers behind me, burying his face in my shoulder. 

I shine the torch all around and see a corner leading away, but no crossroad, thank God. I start to pace forward, as I turn the corner I see an ominous, amber, flickering light shining a beam of light shining on to a shuffling rat. It turns its horrible gnarly head to look at us and it arches its back, forcing its fur to stand on end and bares its teeth before swiftly scurrying away.

I start off, following it quickly. I don't know how long we are going to be in here but I definitely don't want to spend the night down here, no sir. Especially as I don't even know where the sun is in the sky, I would want to time it right so that  when I do actually leave here it will be an appropriate time to sleep, ie not th emidle of the day.