Repeating the same actions but expecting new results is a sign of madness.

I wake up and down here is a light at the end of the cave. When I slept, I was against the wall... It's turned into a tunnel. Duncan looks at me curiously and I pack up my stuff. Duncan growls goodbye and leans his head into the cub. We walk through the tunnel and on the other side I see a beach. A beach with rolling fields of sand, coconuts fallen from palm trees, a beautiful ocean crashing against the darkened yellow. It's gorgeous, I walk closer and closer. I start to see signs of life, crabs, seaweed washed ashore. Everything you'd want on a tropical holiday to the Caribbean.

I walk out onto the sandy beach and I see the sea. It stretches for miles. But there is nowhere else to go. No boat or anything. I hear the familiar sound of a text. "Hope you brought some armbands." It says. I look around for anything. There is nothing. I see some palm trees. I'll make a boat! A boat! So I take a saw out of my bag and start cutting down trees. I cut them into planks and ask Duncan to take them over to the same place as I cut down more trees.

I finish tying planks together and make some ores. I would say it is more of a raft than a boat. But it'll do. I tie Duncan to the boat to stop him wandering off and drowning then I hop push it into the water. The raft tips up under Duncan's weight, there was a sea shelf, Duncan is stuck down there. There is splashing. A lot of splashing. "Duncan! DUNCAN!" I yell but there's nothing he can do. I dive down after the raft. I try to untie it. It is sinking out of my finger tips, Gravity pulling it away from me out of reach.

I dive faster and kick like mad, my heart is pounding in my chest and I am running out of air. I fumble with the rope but it doesn't undo. I pull rope through loops but it doesn't untie! It gets harder and harder, until I can't do it, I continue to weave and thread, pull and push. But thenI realise, my nails are too short for this job. But it's too late. My finger nail snags and peels away from my skin. "Fuck!" I yell as the salt stings against my flesh. I finally manage to undo the loops and free Duncan. I drag the rope up to the surface, my lungs on fire. I pull him ashore. He wheezes, I wheeze. "Duncan, the raft, we need it!" I say panicked and I dive into the ocean and swim towards our only way of crossing this ocean. I kick ferociously as it sinks. I hold my breath and dive faster. I manage to grab a rope and I start to kick upwards. Boy is it heavy, luck thing I go to the gym regularly.

The water drags me down but I am nearly dead, my lungs in fire but I reach the surface. I heave it into the sand. Panting, coughing, choking. Grasping for air and my lungs dance in it.

My breaths slow down and I am calm again. I begin work on the raft for the second time, trying to make it float Duncan's weight. I work at it for half an hour until it is ready. I push it out but decide not to tie Duncan to it this time. It falls and I swim to catch it. It sinks faster than I can swim until I speed up and manage to grab it.

I try again. Failure. Again, again, again, why won't it work damn it?! I try until the sun is at the highest point of the sky. Then finally, Success! If floats. I feel a lovely weight being lifted from my chest. I grab my phone, the bags and my shoes and clamber aboard the raft. Although after all the modifications I've made, it is a boat now, a terrible one though. But it floats so who cares.

I begin to paddle through the water but it keeps getting harder and harder, like rowing though syrup. I can feel my biceps tensing and releasing with each stroke but after a while I give up. I lay on my front and let the waves carry us. I stare into the inky blue water and feel the motion of us bobbing up then back down.

It makes me sick. Not the ocean or the movement but why we are even here. We shouldn't be in the middle of some fake ocean. I should be driving my truck, that is broken thanks to stupid dark horse, alone, no Duncan or cuts on me. I chose that boring job for a reason. I'm not smart, I'm dumb, as I said, I'll repeat it, I'm just a dumb guy that dyes his hair blue and does dumb guy stuff. I don't even know why Clara likes me but if I knew I'd have to go through all this, and risk my life, just to get with her, do you think I would've? No, I definitely would not have. I would have never risked my life for this dumb girl.

I see a beach in the distance and energy spurts through me, urging me to row with everything I have and Duncan starts dipping his hooves and the water and scrabbling them around although I'm not sure
If he's actually helping or slowing us down, but it doesn't matter because he is a donkey that is learning how to swim, or at least paddle, woah.

''Ee aw!" Says Duncan pointing to the land.

"Yeah Duncan, that's where we're going" Incredible! What have these people made?! I wonder what it was actually made for, if they are even aware he is this smart or if we was just made so he would actually fight rather than just wander off. If Duncan is this smart, are the cranks also? Even those bears?