Morning

Mikayla's POV:

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!...

Ugh! Do I have to get up?

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!...

"MIKAYLA! TURN OFF THAT ALARM!" my brother hollers from the room next door.

"SORRY I RUINED YOUR BEAUTY SLEEP, PRINCESS!" I yell back.

"YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE SORRY!" Michael replies. Oh man!

I get up and lock my door, leaving my alarm on. It's not that I am afraid of my brother, I just enjoy annoying him. I suddenly hear pounding on my door.

"YOU BETTER OPEN THIS DOOR, NOW!" Michael yells from behind the door.

"Nope!" I yell back as he continues to pound on the door. 3...2...1. I turn off my alarm and Michael continues to pound on the door with his fists. 5...4...3...2...1.

"MICHAEL, QUIT POUNDING ON THAT DOOR!" my dad yells from the kitchen. Man, that's a lot of yelling in just like five minutes.

I hear Michael growl through the door. "Aww, what are you now, a mean little doggy?" I tease him. I know what he's thinking. 'No one teases the great Michael Allen.' Sure, no one, except his little sister. I'm only ten months younger than him.

I open my closet door and try to figure out an outfit for today. It is Friday. I strip off my p.j.s and put on white skinny jeans, a white shirt and a dark blue blazer. I walk over to my vanity dresser and pull out a silver key necklace from my jewlery box and then I take my hair brush and brush my dark and light brown highlighted hair and place it in a high ponytail. Then I put on navy blue vans and walk out of my room, grabbing my black leather messenger bag on the way. As I walk towards the stairs and into the kitchen, I make sure I have everything I need in my bag: one notebook, one folder, five pens, five mechanical pencils, one eraser, one one-inch binder, lead, phone, keys, and tablet. Perfect. Everything is divided into their correct pocket.

"Morning, dad," I say as I enter the kitchen. I place a kiss on his cheek.

"Morning sweetheart," he greets me.

I grab a blueberry muffin that Kristina, our maid, made yesterday. Kristina was like my second best friend. She is the best. Like our mother. Our mother passed away ten years ago, when Michael and I were seven. Kristina makes huge muffins and I loved them. I finish up my muffin as Michael walks into the kitchen.

"Morning, dad," Michael greets him, then glares at me.

"Morning son," dad replies. I just give a small giggle.

"Good morning, kids," Kristina greets us as she walks into the kitchen. She give Michael a hug and me a kiss on the cheek. "John, do not forget that you have a meeting today at three." Kristina always reminds dad of things he has going on.

"Well, I'll see you guys after school," I say and wave goodbye.

"Why are you leaving so early?" Dad asks me.

"I've got to meet up with a few people on the dance committee for an interview and I'm already late," I reply. "Love you guys."

"Geek," I hear Michael say as I leave.

"Brainless loser," I retort.

I walk outside and look back at our large white house. My dad is a very successful business man, so he makes good money. I grab my keys out of my bag and pull my bag over my neck so it's across my chest. Then, I hop onto my white motorcycle and turn on the engine. I ride over to the school parking lot and park where I usually park, right next to Emily's red convertible. I walk onto school grounds and head over to the gym.

"And, I guess that's it," I hear a familiar voice say. I walk into the the streamer filled gym and see Emily walking away from Juliet, the head of the dance planing committee. "Where have you been? You're late," my best friend, Emily, questions as soon as she sees me.

"Yeah, I know. Sorry," I say. I didn't know I was going to be this late.

"Well, now you owe me one," she says with a smile.

I think quickly. Then, I think of something we both enjoy. "Spa day?"

She thinks for a second. "Totally. How's tomorrow, at ten?" I nod.

"Perfect," I smile.

"Yeah, I know I'm perfect," says the voice of the biggest flirt North East High has ever seen. Gavin Oakwood.

I turn around to see the smirk that is always on his face. "Keep dreaming. The only 'perfect' thing about you is the fact that your lungs are breathing and your heart is beating," I say sarcastically.

"Please, just admit you like me, just like every other girl in this school," Gavin says. I get close to his face and look at him straight in the eye.

"I'd rather marry Harrison the custodian," I say, then turn around and walk away with Emily. That guy is such an ego freak. No wonder he's my brother's best friend. I felt bad for Emily. Her and his family are close friends, so she was constantly seeing him. (Emily's mom is friends with a lot of people). We are soon joined by our two other best friends, Kailee and Gabriella.

"Hey, Mikki," Gabby says.

"Hey, guys," I reply. "You guys still coming over to my place after school?"

"Totally, we have our dresses in the car," Kailee replies with a smile.

"Perfect," I say. Tonight is the masquerade dance for seniors. There are posters all over the senior wing of the school. We are all going as a group of friends.

"Great. It's going to be so fun," Gabby says with a huge grin.