5. Loss (feat. Anton Yelchin)

IN LOVING MEMORY OF ANTON YELCHIN

The 19th of June was a terrible day for our heroine. On that day, her father figure, the actor James Gandolfini had passed away. She remembered how he would treat her as if she were his daughter.

Three years after his death, little did she know, she would lose another loved one - her close friend and actor Anton Yelchin. They had worked together for the movie "Fierce People". Words could not describe how dearly she missed him. He had been her closest friend on the set. He would always tell her stories about his home - Russia. He had taught her to sing "Katyusha" and they would sing it together with her accompanying with her guitar. The most important was that he had been there when no one else could. He had been the only one who had helped her when her relationship with Michael had began and was already on the rocks.

The evening his death was announced on the news, she cried hard. She had lost not only a colleague, but a very close friend. How could she live with this? What if she lost another loved one soon? That would be the end of her. And she remembered . . .

"Anton?" , her fourteen-year-old self spoke, shyly. They were filming the funeral scene in "Fierce People", wearing black, of course. "Promise that when I die, you'll attend my funeral?"

He looked at her, shocked. He swore his stomach made a flip. Why was she talking about death? Sure, they were about to film a funeral scene, but why has she mentioned something so serious? She had truly frightened him.

"Geez, Kristen! Don't you scare me like that! You almost gave me a heart attack!" , the curly haired boy was panicking.

"Just promise me," Kristen was begging him with her glance - puppy dog eyes, which no one could resist to.

He sighed. "I promise," and softly started singing their song, her joining him, sitting close to him.

At Anton's funeral, Kristen sang "Katyusha" all alone, his crying family, chiming in in perfect Russian

At Anton's funeral, Kristen sang "Katyusha" all alone, his crying family, chiming in in perfect Russian. They had lost a child. The promise that had been made had been broken.

How could that happen to him?