Liking the Dork Ch.3

Kevin sits in his room for about 30 minutes waiting for every one in the Cul-de-sac to get home and settle into their own routine. Kevin whips out his phone and taps the screen a few times before flopping down on his bed taking a big breath of relief. His phone went off and light up. Kevin picked it up and tapped on the screen a few more times then closed it and set it on his night stand. He sat up in his bed and twiddled his fingers no thanks to the reeling in his gut. About 5 minutes pass and there's a knock on Kevin's front door. He stands up from his bed and rushed to the door. When he opened it there was a short blonde haired girl standing in the door frame with a concerned look on her procain face. Kevin steps up to her and herds her into his house with one arm while looking out across the street to an open house window with someone looking out at them. 'Shit' Kevin knew Edd was seeing this right now. He quickly closed the door behind him and turned around to Nazz. Kevin lets out a sigh before Nazz rose a brow and asked Kevin what's was going on.
     "Hey Kevin are you ok? Why did you text me saying you needed my help right now? What's going on?" Nazz was clearly concerned but also or even more so confused.
     "Nazz I think Edd hates me!" Kevin said irrationally. Kevin had no clue how to say what ever it was he was going to say. This is the only thing he could really sputter out.
     "What?" Was really the only thing Nazz could say.
      "Look I cockblocked Edd and he hates me!" Now Kevin was really having a hard time.
     "Excuse me?" Nazz said followed by a small giggle because she honestly thought that was ridiculous. Kevin,however was upset that for the first time Nazz couldn't understand why he was having such a hard time.
     "Ok look I was in the library and David was there flirting with Edd and then I butted in and Edd got like really pissed at me!" Kevin stumbled to get out. Nazz raised her eye brows and smirked a little bit.
     "And why do you care?" Nazz said clearly with an ulterior motive.
     "I clearly don't like it. I don't want Edd to be mad at me!"
     "No not that" Kevin gave her a confused look.
     "Then what?" Nazz gave him a frustrated sigh and continued.
     "David flirting with Edd and Edd defending it? How did that make you feel?" Kevin was slightly stunned with feeling in his stomach. He was sure how he felt now.
     "That's the thing I need help with. I think I like the dork"
     "Kevin I'm pretty sure we all knew this" Nazz said with a slight tilt of her head.
     "What!" Kevin wondered how everyone could know if he didn't even realized it till now.
     "Kevin ... You can't really be serious. You're just finding this out now?" Nazz tilted her head and gave Kevin a concerned look while still maintaining her amused smile.
"Well ya Nazz that's kind of why I'm freaking out! I just well I'm not sure how to handle this" Kevin hung his head in defeat but was brought back when he head Nazz giggling.
"Kevin you have to tell him how you feel. You've liked him for a really long time and you know it's true. Besides he likes you too" Kevin's eyes widened
"He what? No Nazz, he clearly doesn't, he's angry with me"
"So what he got a little harsh, it was probably because of that big head of yours" Nazz giggled and punched Kevin in the shoulder playfully. "Besides I think you should tell him just to get it off your shoulders. You never know what will happen if you don't"
"What if he rejects me?!" Kevin asked in desperation which was immediately replied with a raised eyebrow from Nazz.
"So you admit it" Nazz said mischievously.
"Admit what?"
"That you want Edd"
Kevin stood there for a second thinking of how the conversation turned into this. It wasn't what he expected when he asked Nazz to come over but like usual it's exactly what he needed. He smiled down at Nazz and threw his hands around her. They hugged and Nazz left pleased with her work. As Kevin opens the door for her he looked across the street to Edd's house. He hoped to see the dork peeking out a window but was greeted by closed curtains. Nazz walked away to her house as Kevin started to close the door but stopped. Kevin knew Nazz was right. He had to tell Edd how he felt, wether he liked the answer or not he still had to get it off his chest. He also didn't want Edd to be mad at him from earlier so he used that as an excuse to open the door back up and walk across the street.
When Edd arrived home from school, he went straight to his room. He put his belongings right where they belong and flopped dramatically on his bed. He took a deep breath then let out a loud sigh. He sat up right on his bed and peered out of his window at the sun that was just above the house across the street. He stared at the house thinking deeply about why that house in particular was the one he gazed over at most often.
Edd always though about how symbolic it was that the sun would set over this house. And how the house was special to him because it was the safe haven of one Kevin Barr. Eddward had secretly longed for Kevin for many years. In fact Kevin was the reason Edd came out as gay to his friends in the Cul-de-sac, but nobody knows that. Eddward watched Kevin slowly developed into quite a nice young man and how he would always come to Edd for help and support. Eddward felt genuinely needed for the first time because of Kevin. And because of that Edd would do anything he could to be there for him.
As he stared longingly at the house, he saw his dear friend Nazz walk over to the front door and knock on it beckoning for Kevin to come and invite her in. Kevin quickly opens the door and shovels her in but not before he stops and stares right at me. For a moment blue and green clash even from meters apart. Now all Eddward could think about was Kevin Barr and how happy he is to be friends with the strong young man.
However things have changed recently and it has Edd quite vexed. About 5 months ago Kevin had asked Edd for help with a rather important project they both had. That night both boys stayed up late trying to put together equations and making check lists. They had both worked so hard that Edd ended up just staying the night, which was more of a forced invitation from Kevin. Edd was nervous but determined to stay professional. This plan didn't work out as well as he hoped because Kevin lent him a pair of his PJ's to sleep in. Edd was sure he was blushing the whole night but he was glad the lights were off. They slept in the same bed facing each other with about a foot In-between them. Kevin didn't really mind the distance or even the whole situation but Edd was flustered. Eddward wanted to be as far from Kevin as possible but he also wished desperately to be closer. They eventually drifted to sleep and that was pretty much all that happened. But the morning was when things actually changed.
Edd slowly opened his eyes. At first he was blinded by the morning sun but after a moment he rubbed his eyes and looked around the room he was in. In a flash Edd's face reddened, remembering who he had just spent the night with. However he noticed that the familiar green forest eyes were no longer in front of his. He reached his arm out hopefully but he was gone. He pulled him self up and sat on the bed when he finally noticed the ginger sitting at the foot of the bed looking out the window with his brows crossed but worry in his eyes.
"Oh good morning Kevin" kevin didn't respond and that worried Edd. "I hope I wasn't a bother to you in the night"
"No not at all dork. You're fine, I was just thinking about you is all" Kevin said suddenly trying to comfort the embarrassed boy to his side. Edd's heart started to race. What did Kevin mean by that. Kevin got up on the bed and sat infront of Edd like what he just said didn't really mean anything. "How about we put the project on hold for a moment" Edd's mood changed a little and was put off by the thought of putting school work on hold.
"Why?"
"Because I just remembered the Fair is in town this weekend" Kevin said awkwardly. Eddward frowned his brows with frustration and question.
"And that means we have to stop our work?"
"Well no I'm just saying that it was here and I always wanted to go and I thought that since we were going to spend pretty much the whole day together that we should at least have a little fun" Edd's heart was racing again and he knew that this time he wouldn't be able to hide the blush that danced across his cheeks and nose. A sweet smile spread across Kevin's soft lips.
Kevin got up from the bed and went into the closet. He found clothes to wear for the day and told me to go home and get dressed. Pretty much the rest of the day was normal, like absolutely normal, which disappointed Edd a little. It confused him mostly. Was Kevin flirting with him earlier or was he just trying to get closer to one of his friends? Either way it doesn't matter, things just haven't been the same since. He's really kind and funny and honestly one of the best friends edd could ever ask for but that's when they were alone or with their usual group. Which makes edd feel like He's important to the ginger. But when He's with his friends friends that aren't part of the Cul-de-sac kevin kind of acts like a jerk like when they were young again.
Honestly Edd just hasn't been able to get a clear reading on how Kevin feels about him. Some things the athlete does leads Eddward to believe that he likes him and other times he just thinks Kevin isn't done picking on him. The whole thing was giving Eddward a headache. He sat up from his bed, closed his curtains, and went down stairs to the kitchen to get some water and aspirins. When he swallows the pills he heard a knock on the door.
Edd approached the door and opened it.