five - wake me up before you go, go

WILLOW

/playlist
-wake me up before you go, go/wham!
-always like this/bombay bicycle club
-if these sheets were states/all time low

 The sun is the reason that I am awake earlier than I had intended and I can no longer get back to sleep.

It is odd, being in someone else's dwelling and wearing their clothes and going through their pantry; Harry has no breakfast foods except for Chocolate Cheerios, but I don't mind. My eyes scan his interesting choice of decor as I eat; he is still a child. There are different coloured pillows on the couch and the mismatched bar stools are odd, but a nice break from the spotless condo I call 'home'.

The mess of his kitchen is eventually unbearable; I do as little tidying as I can, but I'm sure he will notice the empty sink and lack of gross stains on the counter. I am so preoccupied in my own thoughts - Ashton, Harry, the milk in my fridge that expires today - that I don't hear Harry return.

"Honey, I'm home!" he calls out jokingly, dropping his bag on the ground next to the island. I tug his shirt down as far as it will go, before realizing that I am wearing his shorts underneath.

"Hi, Harry." I place the bowl in the sink, turning to face him. "Thank you for letting me stay here last night."

"Sure," he says cheerfully, hopping onto the counter and running a hand over it, before his eyes narrow. "You cleaned, didn't you? I told you it was fine."

"Sorry," I apologize sheepishly.

"Don't apologize. Come over and clean all the time - just don't touch my sock drawer. I hate knowing someone touched my socks."

"Why? They're just socks. I hate people sitting on my bed with their outside clothes on." She shudders. "It's disgusting. Anyways. Are you ready to go?"

"Did you put your clothes in the wash? I can grab them if you want."

"Crap!" I say, obviously louder than he'd expected. "I forgot. Would you mind making a little detour before dropping me at school?" I try to put a cute smile on my face, but he just chortles and shoves my shoulder.

"Whatever. Let's go."

I am still wearing his clothes when we leave, and pray that Ashton has gone to work or classes or wherever else he goes during the day. But luck is not on my side when I unlock the door for the condo and he is standing there, pacing the main room and staring at his phone furiously. When he looks up, his expression softens, until he sees Harry behind me, and the clothes that are covering my body.

"What the hell is this?" Ashton asks, looking me up and down.

"Nothing happened, Ashton," I say, rolling my eyes and trying to walk past him. But he grabs my arm, stopping my route to our bedroom.

"I've called you-" he glances at his phone. "-twenty-one times in the past twelve hours. Do you know how worried I was? You weren't picking up your phone and Isabelle said she didn't know where you went and-" His voice cracks. "I thought something happened to you. But instead you were out having fun with your fuck buddy."

Harry is going to get mad, I know it, which is why when I shut my eyes and don't hear him yell, I am surprised. Instead, he pushes Ashton to the side and lets me lead him to the bedroom. His breathing is heavy and he looks like he wants to punch someone, and I am afraid he will get his chance if Ashton has his way.

"I don't get how you can live with this."

"He isn't always like this." And it's true; he always ends up with peanut butter on his face when he prepares breakfast and is great at giving piggybacks; but he has become more uptight than he used to be, and I don't know what has changed.