four - harry gets a roommate

HARRY

/playlist
-bright/zayn
-snap out of it/arctic monkeys
-what a feeling/one direction

It is too rainy out to be at an amusement park, but I already have enough enemies and don't want to add Isabelle to the bottom of it, which is why I am standing in line for a roller coaster at PlayLand with Isabelle's arm wrapped around my waist.

"Aren't you, like, so excited, Harry?" she gushes, tucking a piece of blond hair behind her ear. "I haven't been on one of these in, like, forever."
The park boasts about being Canada's first amusement park and being built 'board by board';' however, I find it terrifying that some of the pieces of wood could be so old, but for her sake, I smile and nod.

"Sure," I say, listening to the loud chatter of our group of 'friends' behind us. "Roller coasters are cool."

The line is moving about an inch every few minutes (or so it feels) and the clouds in the sky are closing in on us, gradually getting darker. If it weren't for the fact that I had already prepaid for my admission ticket, I don't think I would have agreed to come today. Besides the weather, Willow and Ashton are here. Fortunately, everyone decided to go into two groups, and they are with the other ones. Thirty minutes pass and Isabelle is finally rushing me into the front seats of the roller coaster, gushing about how much fun this is going to be and how great roller coasters are. Unfortunately, Willow and Ashton are seated across from us, and Ashton gives me a dismissive look.

"Are you guys having so much fun?" she asks loudly, not noticing the thick tension between the three of us.

"Totally," Ashton says, and, before he can make a snide remark towards me, the ride starts. It doesn't end for six long minutes, and when it is finished, Ashton looks like he is going to throw up his lunch.

Which he does, when we step off.

 On Willow's boots. I have an awfully hard time stifling my laughter, but I do it for the sake of Willow's expression.

"It's fine, baby," she says reassuringly, rubbing his back and leading him towards the washrooms, the rest of our group following the pair.

"Want me to take him, Will?" Luke asks, placing a hand on Willow's shoulder. "You can go get cleaned up." She nods and lets Luke, the tall blond who kind of reminds me of a fry, take Ashton into the bathroom.

"Willow, do you want any help?" I am trying to help, but she shoves me away and goes into the girl's washroom, returning in a pair of flip flops that I am not going to ask where she got them from, and I don't see her or Ashton for the rest of the day, but I am okay with it.

"This is fun," I say honestly to Isabelle - I've noticed that she has a much better attitude than Willow - who is eating a churro, and I like how the lights reflect off of her light hair, repeatedly tinting it green and blue and red and purple.

"It is," she giggles, and I reach out and wipe away a bit of sugar that has reached the side of her mouth, and before I know it, her lips are on mine. She tastes of mint and churros; whatever fruity perfume she is wearing fills my nostrils.

She pulls away after almost a minute, her breaths deep and my hands still on her waist.

"That was nice," she says softly, her head on my chest, and I am happy for a little while, until the couple of the day makes their appearance again, except this time, they are fighting.

"I barely even looked at him!" Willow defends, and I already know what they are fighting about, but I keep my arms around Isabelle.

"Right," Ashton says loudly, his words slurred. "His eyes were all over you!"
"And what about all of the girls that are so into you?" she shouts. I cannot help but let my eyes wander to, well, her, and the way her hair blends seamlessly into the night sky. "Whatever, go home, see if I care."