Chapter 7

This hasn't been proof read, so if there are mistakes I am really sorry! Enjoy lovelies! 

***

HARRY’S P.O.V

I just stood there like a coward and let Louis and Zayn have their way, I knew that if they didn’t stop soon then this was going to become much more serious than it already was or needed to be; much to my relief they let up and agreed that they’d done enough.

“Fuck, you done now?” I sighed.

Louis started laughing. “Yeah we’re good now. Let’s head.”

I told them to go ahead and that I had some stuff I needed to do and hoped like hell they wouldn’t question me, thankfully they didn’t. They simply said goodbye and left.

I walked slowly behind them, heading to my car so it looked like I was leaving. Once they had both driven off I got out of my car and headed back to where Niall was left lying on the ground, trying to roll over and groaning in pain.

I approached him slowly, being careful not to startle the injured boy. I knelt down beside him and struggled to hold back the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes because of how beaten he was. I really didn’t think they’d gotten him this bad, apparently I was wrong. I wrapped my arms around the smaller boy and carefully picked him up. I looked down at his face, his eyes fluttered but didn’t open.

“I’m so sorry.” I croaked, close to tears again. I can’t believe I let this happen.

He started to say but name but cut himself off with a strangled sound and grabbed at his stomach.

I took him to my car and strapped him in the passenger seat. I brought my hand up and gently stroked my thumb over his bruised cheek. He leaned into the touch and my heart swelled. God he’s perfect, even like this… No Harry stop!

“I really should’ve stopped them.” I muttered under my breath.

I moved back and shut the car door before walking around and getting in the driver’s side. Once I had pulled my seatbelt on I leant across to hold Niall’s hand. His breathing had evened out and I presumed he had passed out. I brought our joined hands up to my lips and kissed his knuckles softly. I wasn’t really sure what to do with him. I couldn’t take him back to my place because I shared my house with Louis and my parents lived just down the road; and I couldn’t take him to the hospital. Firstly because I didn’t have the heart to just dump him there and leave, and secondly because if I stayed the hospital would want my details and the whole city knows that Styles’ and Horan’s do not associate.

I drove aimlessly for about 30 minutes until an idea hit me. I pulled a U-turn at a set of traffic lights and pushed my foot on the accelerator a little harder. Niall still hadn’t woken up and I was getting more and more concerned with every passing minute.

I pulled into a street that looked a lot like my own. Lots of two-story houses and near mansions. I drove right down to the end of the street and pulled into the drive way of a house with gold lettering on the mail-box and above the doorway that read ‘Payne’.

I carried Niall up to the front door and struggled to ring the doorbell. I gave up after several attempts and ended up using my foot to kick the door to knock. After a few minutes I heard the lock clicking. I really hoped his parents didn’t answer. That wouldn’t go down well at all. Much to my relief Liam answered.

“Harry?” He asked, the confusion and shock clear in his eyes and the tone of his voice.

Then he looked down and to the beaten boy in my arms and his eyes went wider and he took a step forward, reaching his arms out to take Niall from me. I tightened my hold on him and to a protective step back.

“Harry…” He said again, warningly this time.

“I didn’t do this! I swear!” I rushed out. “I just need you to fix him up for me, make sure he’s okay and stuff. Please.”

“Of course I will he’s my best friend you dick!” Liam said harshly before softening his voice. “Why’d you bring him here, like why would you care how he turned out? And also… how did you find him Harry?” Liam asked.

“I was there when it happened. I wasn’t part of it though, I promise! It was Louis and Zayn!” I rambled, avoiding his first question.

“That’s good to know I guess… Still leaves me wondering why you didn’t just leave him there though? I presume your friends don’t know you went back for him. Don’t get me wrong I’m glad you didn’t, but why?

I growled in frustration and ran my hand over my face and through my hair. Why can’t he just drop it already?!

“Liam please. I really need to go and you need to get Niall inside… Please just stop asking questions and pretend I was ever here?” I begged, sounding more desperate than I would have liked.

“Yeah okay Harry. Just go and we’ll pretend you were never here.” He sighed and I swear I almost hugged him.

“Thankyou so much Liam! Okay, well… I’ll see you around I guess. Cya!” I called as I waved and made my way back to my car.

When I got home I went straight to bed. I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep but I couldn’t. I just have 2 pesky thought that were continuously running through my mind.

Is Niall okay?

And

How do I tell him how I feel?

Comments on things I could imrpove would be really great! Comment, Vote, Feedback? Whatever you feel like... I really hope you are all enjoying this so far. I have bigs things coming :)

Thanks for reading 

xoxo