An old friend of Stefan Salvatore

A new like that only I can have for myself.
It's not been easy for me, ever since my whole family died and then the love of my life chose to make things right with the girl he truly loved. That was three years ago. In all that time I've been like, how do they say it.. And entrepreneur. I've had a job working as a waitress, a nurse and a carer for the elderly. A waste of three years of my new life, I can't figure out what's right for me, after all, I haven't made any new friends or found someone else who k could love like I once loved him. Yet, here I am now, sitting in my car in the middle of nowhere when it's dark and I have not a care in the world. I'm immortal, a vampire, a witch, the very last one left now. Confined to the dark like an old relic gathering its dust. A new set of lights are shining in the distance between the trees. Maybe I'm not the only one without meaning in her life. The vehicles engine has broken down. Ran out of fuel the people say in these times. That's not all. There's something here. Or rather, someone.
A shadowed figure passes from a clearing in the woods behind my car. I can't let him see me.
'Invisiquoi.' I chant.
He won't be able to see my now, all he'll see is an empty car. It works, he walks past my car without seeing me. Venturing ever closer to the trucks lights. I make my way out of my car and follow him. Maybe I was always meant to come back to this life, or maybe it was supposed to find me. I wonder if maybe he's involved.
  Blinded by my magic, he's moving closer to the truck and I'm beginning to wonder whatever are his true intentions? I can't be wrong, this is clearly something that I recall from my old life. A surprise attack is my specialty; stealth might have its merits, but it also puts me on a potential hit list:
Everywhere I've gone, vampires, witches, werewolves, you name it, they've all ended up dead, abandoned or are concealing themselves behind walls of an army or a sanctuary from what I don't know. Whatever it is, maybe our worlds greatest fears have been unleashed.
I don't recognise who that person is inside the truck, but she has a little girl with her - probably her daughter- and anyone with a small child in my word doesn't deserve to be harmed. I have my own personal experience from a severe brutality that costed me the chance of one day nurturing a child of my own. It was more than a century and a half ago, but it's painted inside my head like a scene out of movie that plays over and over again.
*****
  The long haired woman steps out of the truck and just like me, she's suspicious of whatever this man has against her. What kind of threat could an innocent woman with a child in her care possibly pose. 
  "Who are you? What do you want?" her voice breaks.
  "You have them." the man answers.
  Them? Clearly, there's something more going on here- I was puzzled by why an assumed mother, I guessed, would be driving a huge truck and with only a little girl accompanying her. She wasn't just relocating to some new home.
  "Go away. Don't do anything you might regret." she threatens, but with a hint of fear in her voice.
  "Are they in there? Come on, countless others are looking for them. Anyone would do anything to get hold of them if it means earning the trust of.... The beast." whoever he just referenced at the end of sentenced has vaguely given me an answer to what I've experienced in the last three-six years.
"He's a monster! He chose to turn against us and now he's trying to make us scared of him, so that way he gets to rule over us all like a king and something we can't overcome." she's practically sobbing.
  "The King of New Orleans is now dead! Maybe his family can do something about this, but instead you've been hiding them this whole time, I know that you're hiding them in there. I'm taking them, even if I have to go through you(!)"
  New Orleans?! I'm barely piecing the bits of the puzzle together now. A beast, New Orleans, the King and his family? The Originals. Word has been traveling about them for six years that they were all triumphed by a monster, others; witches spoke of a prophecy that would lead to the end of the Originals, chances are it's been fulfilled, but there's a chance this is wrong - an original is the pillar for his or her bloodline, one he or she dies their entire sireline perishes with them, or maybe that changed. I don't remember well, but rumours of a spell to sever the link between an original and their sireline were disseminated to the far corners of the world. I even looked deep into this spell, but found no proof it existed. What if the Originals really are dead?
*****
The man gropes her throat with a tight grip-lock, I have to act now. My magic sends a pain infliction to his cerebral area of his body; he retains his grip and flaunts as though he's experiencing a headache. She must be more afraid now than ever, so I make myself visible to her, she doesn't seem to be afraid, but the look in her eyes tells me more of a sense of distrust. She's just about to abandon me.
  "No. Wait, I'm not here to harm you, please, let me help you, I can help." I beckon her.
  She holds the door to the truck wide open, but halts to hear me out. Slamming it shut, she turns the thug in his back and looks him deep in the eyes. I cease using my magic on him.
  "How many others know about you or where you are right now?" she interrogates him.
  "Tens of hundreds of my friends are on their way here right now."
  We can't afford to be caught.
"Mom?" the little girl in the truck wakes up.
  "It's ok, mommy's here, everything's going to be fine." so she is a mother.
  The girl takes comfort in resting her head by her mothers side. Back to me, I use my magic to keep the perpetrator restrained and immobile. If we want answers, we'll need to bring him with us.
  "You're going to tell us everything that you know. Just you wait." I finish by cracking his neck to the side; only a vampire would have maybe been somewhat strong enough to grab this werewolf, or hybrid, I can't quite tell for sure.
  *****
"He should be out for a while, how about we talk about why he was trying to take from you whatever you're hiding in the back of this truck." I'm just as much involved in this now as she is.
"Look, I thank you for helping me, but I don't know you, and I have my daughter, I have a family to protect." she lifts her daughter back inside the truck.
  I know she's evading conversation.
  "Not a big family if it's just you and your child. What about her father?" her face is broken when I ask about the man who she conceived her daughter with.
  "I can't trust anyone, the fate of her family hangs by a thin thread, if you want to help, you can do so by walking away." moments away from leaving me again.
  Time to deploy the nuclear missile.
"I know about the Originals."
  Her face has been attracted by my message.
   "At least what I've heard. Apparently, they all died six years ago, or at least that's what they did so they could survive to live another century. I spent more than a century locked away before finally being brought back into this world."she can't ignore me anymore.