Chapter 24

We walked back to our little room and we heard some coughing. Zacky looked over and noticed that their boss had finally risen from when Zacky hit him. Zacky walked over and quickly put him into a choke hold. Heath slid her still shaking hand down her pocket and took the phone out, handing it to me. I dialed 911 and they picked up quickly.

“911, what’s your emergency?” the operator asked.

“We are in a warehouse downtown and-” she cut me off.

“We already have people there, is anyone hurt?” she asked me calmly.

“Yeah, two people are badly injured and one is barely,” I said as we all walked to the front. We both hung up and they all looked at me as we headed to the front doors. “They already have people here, apparently,” I said shrugging my shoulders and helping Syn out of the doors. We were all of a sudden engulfed in cops and paramedics. They took Syn, Heath and Melanie into an ambulance and the cops took Boss away from Zacky and cuffed his hands.

“Whatever you say or do will be held against you,” the cop said reciting his lines and pushed him into the car. I muttered something under my breath making me giggle and Zacky look over at me.

“What?” he asked putting his arm around me.

“Oh, nothing,” I said winking at him. I got into the ambulance, holding onto Syn’s hand as he got a mask and some tubes put on him. I was just tired and really wanted to see everyone get better.

I sat in the room stroking the back of Syn’s hand as he snored peacefully. I looked over at Heath who was getting an ultrasound just to check if the baby was okay. The doctor says that she hit a blind spot and it missed the baby, she lost a lot of blood and they just wanted to check. I walked over quickly watching as they put that goop stuff on her tummy. I looked at her very pallid face, but she was sleeping, which was a very good thing. The doctor started rubbing it around on her stomach observing over the monitor. I looked up and I could see the little baby forming in her tummy. I let out an awe and the doctor looked over at me.

“It’s not even done growing yet and you’re already aweing,” he said smiling at me. I nodded and he showed me what was what in the picture.

“That’s adorable,” was all I said and he gave me a funny glance.

“I’m guessing she’s probably going to want the pictures when she wakes up?” he asked looking over at me and I nodded.

“Definitely,” I said and he walked over to the door.

“I’ll bring the pictures down, if she wakes up before I get back, her baby is fine no harm done to it and she’s 3 months along,” he said as he walked out the door. My sister had six months left to go and I just couldn’t believe it. She had told me before that Syn and I had to get married after she had the baby, so she could drink to her heart’s content without having to worry about it. I laughed silently at the thought when Zacky peeked his head through the door.

“Hey, Melanie is doing good, how’s Heath and Syn?” he asked. I shrugged and looked over at Heath, the goop still on her stomach.

“Heath got an ultrasound and you weren’t here to see the baby,” I said glaring over at him with an over dramatic flip of my hair. “So, I was here and I got to see the cute little Baker. He looked at her sad and then looked at me again. “Don’t worry, you guys get pictures, but you can’t see them until she wakes up,” I said walking back over to Syn again. He released a sigh and quickly walked over to her and sat down looking up at her monitor. I decided I needed some sleep and rested on the uncomfortable chair beside Syn’s bed, shutting my eyes and drifting off into a deep sleep.

I woke up startled that I had moved from the chair and looked around. I was lying down on a hospital bed with the chair right beside me. I realized I was in Syn’s bed and quickly shifted around to face him.

“Good morning, beautiful,” he said smiling at me. I looked up into his eyes and brought myself as close to him as I could.

“Good morning,” I said looking over at the clock and sure enough it was 4:26am. I groaned and stretched my legs quickly. Syn wrapped his arms around my waist and held me there for what seemed like hours until I heard someone open the door.

“How does one even manage to fit two people on a fucking bed that small?” I heard Heath’s voice ring through.

“Good morning, Heath,” I muttered and looked up at her, in her hospital gown. “I think you should make a fashion statement for all pregnant ladies,” I said motioning at the gown.

“Shut the fuck up,” Heath said and walked over to her bed, Zacky following right behind. Heath rubbed her eyes sleepily and looked over at us. “Hey, did I get an ultrasound while I was asleep?” Heath asked yawning.

“I already told you that,” Zacky said to her.

“Yeah, well, I’m asking from the person that was apparently there,” she said rolling her eyes and smiling at Zacky. “I love you, babe,” she said as he placed a kiss on her lips.

“Yeah, he said that the baby was absolutely fine and that you’re three months,” I said peering over a once again sleeping Syn’s shoulder. Heath smiled and put her hands on her stomach.

“I hope you’re healthy in there, baby Luna or Alec,” Zacky said placing his hands on hers. I looked over at the scene I was witnessing that was quickly interrupted by the doctor.

“Okay, I’ve got the pictures,” he said holding them up. Heath sat up and held Zacky’s hand. They both took the pictures and filed through them for a few minutes. The doctor explained how everything was going and what everything was in the picture.  After knowing all of this, I slipped into yet another dreamless sleep.

*A day later*

I walked into the house, taking in all of the smells I had missed from being gone. Syn, Zacky and Heath were all doing the same thing, when we were greeted at the door by Ichabod and Pinkly.

“Hey, gorgeous,” Syn said getting down on his knees to let Pinkly up. I giggled and ran upstairs to change into some clean and comfortable clothes, as I had been wearing my hoodie and some yoga pants since we’d been gone. I opened the dresser quickly grabbing at my lululemon shorts and another hoodie I had. I was taking my shirt off, when I felt a warm hand on my hip. I took my shirt completely off and turned around seeing Syn gaze at me. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close and I rested my head on his chest.

“I’ve missed this,” he said whispering in my ear.

“Missed what?” I asked looking up at him. He winked at me and threw me over his shoulder just to be thrown down on the bed. I giggled as he jumped onto me and kissed me roughly.

“What we’re about to do,” he said in between kisses. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled into the kiss. He laid his hands right beside my head and I wrapped my legs around his waist slowly bring my body up to grind against his. He let out a soft moan and kissed me even harder. He licked my bottom lip wanting access so, of course, I gave it to him. His tongue slid into my mouth gently. I slid off his shirt and crashed our lips together again. I bit down on his lip, making him smile and I knew how turned on he was getting. I flipped him over to his back, where I sat on his stomach kissing him from there.

I had missed his mouth so bad, I missed his body so bad, I missed him so bad.