Chapter 3

He had his arms tightly wrapped around me, making sure I couldn't escape. I had no idea who he was, but then, does one usually know the man that snuck into their room in the middle of the night?

Long, dark hair draped over my face, tickling my cheeks. It was not soft, like most hair, oh no, it was rough, like it had never been brushed before. 

I didn't try to struggle. I knew there was no use in doing so. If this guy was going to kill me, I was fully open to the idea. 

He gently dug his knife across my cheek, not enough to be cutting me, but it still gave me a small sense of dread. I suppose that was the idea. 

The man sighs deeply, seemingly out of frustration. I feel his hot breath atop my head. 

"You knew I was here, yet you still come out of your comfortable bed to investigate. Why don't you just let me do my work here?" 

His voice is deep, scratchy, like he hasn't used it in awhile, but at the same time you know that he has. It also has a childish ring to it, something you just can't explain, almost like he's finding everything amusing. 

He sighs again, this time more heavily. 

"Oh well, I think it's time for you to go to sleep." 

A sudden thought comes to my mind, but before I can fully proccess it, he moves his arms from around me very quickly, and something hard hits me in the back of the head, causing me to black out completely. 

Author's POV 

He wakes up bright and early, like he usually does in the off chance he's in the outside world. He looks around, and is quite confused as to why he, or rather, her, had woken up on the floor. 

Not caring enough to think about it, he gets her body dressed in her favorite white hoodie and black pants, does her makeup the way she likes it, thinking to himself about how much of a pain it is to waste all that time in the morining, and heads out the door to school. 

"Hey honey, I didn't see you for dinner last night, are you hungry?" Jess's mother asks him, unaware that it isn't her daughter whom she's speaking to. 

"No." He replied simply, in another voice that was not his own, but the one he was forever stuck with in the outside world. 

He walked out the door, hands in his pockets, head facing the ground. He hadn't taken breakfast, not because it wasn't important, but because he didn't care to do anything that he wasn't fully required to do. Anything else didn't matter. 

He arrived at school, head still facing the ground, eyes searching for anything more interesting than what was in front of him, though there was none. 

Avoiding anyone and everyone was his main goal. There would be no need to socialize if he could help it. 

He sat down in his next class, head bent to avoid eye contact. He soon became distant from the world around him, trapped in another imaginary world that was most certainly better than this one. 

Jess's POV 

I opened my eyes to find I was sitting in a desk in my third class of the day, art. 

One of my personalities must have taken over me this morning. 

I check the camera on my phone, making sure that whoever it was did my makeup like I always did. My clothes were the same, my makeup was the same, and so was my hair, draped over my face entirely. My contacts however, were missing.