Chapter 7 (The Change)

Chapter 7 (Present: December 17th)

It's been 3 weeks and I've been avoiding all the Weasleys, ignoring their letters that Primavera bring in, dismissing any other Gryffindors who speak their name, and most of all, I've been staying in the Slytherin dormitories

It's been 3 weeks and I've been avoiding all the Weasleys, ignoring their letters that Primavera bring in, dismissing any other Gryffindors who speak their name, and most of all, I've been staying in the Slytherin dormitories. Surprisingly, they have all been... kinder to me. The first task and I was terrified for Harry, trying my hardest to support him and talk to him, since it was quite easy since he hated Ron anyway and he didn't bring the twins' humor up every five minutes as most did. I haven't exactly been in classes either, knowing there I couldn't avoid any of them, plus all houses had Waltz practice everyday up until now since the Yule Ball is coming up in 8 days. So today is the first day I will be out of my Slytherin dorm in 21 days.

But let me tell you, Pansy and Millicent have had an immense effect on me. So as I pull on my combat boots, I am forced to look at my brightly painted nails, a ghost of a smile on my naturally bubblegum pink lips, my glasses on the bridge of my nose before I push them up, then stand, making my way to the common room. I tip-toe downstairs to find absolutely no one there, so I apparate to the Great Hall entrance just in case. I push my earphones in, casually playing music as I enter the hall, trying to act as if I hadn't noticed any difference with me, since there weren't many, besides the clothes I chose today and the fact my braces had gotten taken off.

Getting lost in the music for real, I accidentally run into someone, looking up to find Cedric staring down at me with wide eyes. "Sophiana?" He questions, disbelief clouding his eyes before relief overtakes it, his arms squeezing me to his chest. I wrap my arms around his waist, forgetting how good it felt to be in his arms sometimes. I pull away and take out one of my earphones, listening to him talk. "Go talk to the Weasleys. I know something's gone on between them and you, but they're in bad shape. Please, Soph. For me?" He begs, his brown eyes kindly looking into my natural blue ones that are now showing since I took the color contacts off, my eyes rolling.

"I hate you, Diggory. I can't believe I am doing this for you." I mutter, looking away from him before he grins and pecks me on the forehead before pushing me towards the Gryffindor table gently. My combat boots thud softly against the stone floor, the same pace as my fast heart beat, ready to get this over with. I sit between Neville and Harry, Ron, the twins, Ginny, and everyone else curiously glancing at me.

"Sophiana?" Harry mumbles in confusion, a small smile on my lips as I look to my best friend, pushing my glasses up.

"The one and only," I grin, everyone making an audible gasp.

"You dyed your hair and it's curly, but it's wet and it's always straight, but you can't curl your hair and it still be wet. So you've purposely straightened your hair this entire time!" Hermione gasps, playing with the tunnel of curls creating my hair.

"I didn't dye it." I speak, looking the Weasleys in the eye, Seamus and Dean catching on to my staring at the four of them.

"But it's black. It's always been a milk chocolate brown." Neville points the obvious out.