Chapter 1: (Before It All)

Chapter 1: (3 years ago) Sophiana's POV (Sophiana: http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12400000/Elizabeth-Gillies-elizabeth-gillies-12416301-318-400.jpg  )

I listen as the familiar ringing of bells chime in reaction to my push of the front door to the hospital I work in during the summer. "Oh, hello Sophiana. I'm afraid you can't help today. The state officials are coming today to do a check on the on the place. Unfortunately, I can't have anyone under the age of fourteen here both voluntarily and working." Mr. Bumad, the owner, informs, his kind blue eyes apologetically glancing at me over his round frames.

Okay, so maybe I don't work here, but a ten year old girl can dream, can't she? I give a small pout, knowing he meant best, and partially because tomorrow I'd be off to school, on the train by 11 AM sharp. "Come here kid," He smiles, my feet slowly walking over to him. He kneels down a bit, since I'm short compared to his six foot something stature, and whispers, "I promise when you step through that door four years from now, I will hand you a nametag and uniform. Sound good, sport?" Content, I nod with an enormous grin on my face, his expression mirroring mine. However that changes immediately when the bells jingle again, informing us that someone had just entered.

"Mr. Bumad, nice to meet you. I'm Francis from the state department." A bald man with warm milk chocolate eyes, clean shaven, introduces himself before he takes a step further into the veterinary animal hospital/rescue. As he goes to inspect the back room, he passes by the front desk and spots me swirling around in the desk chair. With a kind smile on face, he chuckles, "Your daughter?"

"Yes. She's just stopped by to check on her old man. She's heading home though." I stop swirling at Mr. Bumad's hint and jump off the muggle object with a nod. I hug Mr. Bumad around the waist as he briefly picks me up before setting me back to my feet. I then shake Mr. Francis' hand before I wave to both men, walking out the door in which the bells cheerily hum a goodbye.

I put my earphones, that had been forgotten about upon arrival at the animal shop, back into my ears, a beat softly singing into my eardrums, Ignoring the jeers thrown at me from the kids that had previously attended classes with me back at muggle school. That's one of the reasons I dreaded school; 1) kids bullied me every chance they got, 2) it was against school rules to listen to music, during school hours, even lunch, which I personally feel is absurd. I mean we can chase people, shove them into a tree, knock them to the ground, but you can't listen to calming chords?

I awake from my fogged thoughts of opinion to find myself having knocked on the large, white door of the Dursley's house on 4 Privet Drive. The door pulls open the slightest and Mrs. Dursley pokes her long, thin face between the space she created. Her dark eyes peek around her surroundings before they land on me. Being polite, I turn my iPod shuffle off, pocketing the small device in my backpack after wrapping my earphones around its rectangular form. When I turn back to the tall, slim woman, her eyes are closed and she looks as though she were calming herself down while holding the door open for me.

As I enter, I wince as a booming voice sounds from the living area, "Petunia! Who's at the door?" I widen my eyes as I notice the hint of fear in Mr. Dursley's tone. I step down the hall, passing the living area to find my best friend's cousin whimpering while holding his knees to his chest. Before I can knock on the cupboard's door, Mrs. Dursley yanks it open desperately before her nephew responds, unlocking it. She then opens it and harshly yanks Harry out, who furrows his eyebrows in confusion before he sees me.

He grins before his aunt shoves both of us towards the door she hadn't even bothered to close. Once our feet hit the pathway leading to the door, it slams behind us. I quizzically eye my best friend who only grabs my hand and begins to run to the old, mostly abandoned park that we went to, to talk about important things.