Assassin's Bride Chp41

Start from the beginning

"Now that you have figured out everything I am certain you are aware you cannot depart from here." Cloud pulled out a sword from a sheath had hung around his waist.

The girl's eyes followed his movement, a gasp escaped her chapped lips at the blood that gushed from the deep wound on his arm. "No. Cloud don't!" Faith begged and yet once again tried to take a step forward, a fire lit in her knee and her form wobbled. Maynor yanked her by the hair and her shivering form collided with his hard chest.

"It would be wise if you hand over the girl now, Maynor." A stern voice echoed, for a second that voice dominated the rain that marked the world. Faith moved her eyes to the individual who emerged behind Cloud and felt her insides crumble.

"Holako."Maynor hissed with a slight hint of terror in his voice.

"We have some unfinished business with the Eragon's daughter." He barked and it was then the world turned upside down. The sahir vanished from Cloud's side only to materialize in front of Faith, seize her arm and shove her back harshly within mere seconds.

A shriek left Faith's mouth as she collapsed on the wet grass, her fingers dug in the mud and hair clung to her face. Her wide eyes took in the scene when the man named Holako and Maynor engaged in a heated battle. Holako with extraordinary power grabbed the Wolferian by the throat, lifted his form in the air then slammed his body on the ground as if it weighed nothing. Faith whimpered when the earth beneath her shook. There was something wrong, something terribly wrong with the strength the man named Holako possessed.

Suddenly, she felt someone clutch her drenched summer dress from behind, hoist her up firmly, but gently and drag her away from the monsters who pounced at each other with unfathomable power. A gloved hand was placed on her wet, muddy cheek, the feel of it caused Faith to tear her gaze from the beasts. Her light blue eyes clashed with dark blue ones, those eyes that teased her dreams, the eyes she could recognize anywhere.

"Faith_Faith, don't look," Cloud yelled against the loud voices.

She nodded her head frantically but shrieked when a sudden force caused Cloud's body to fly and land mercilessly a few feet away from her. "Clou_" Faith endeavored to make her way to him, however, another source encased their hand around her tiny waist and pulled her away. "Let go. He is hurt. Let go of me." She yelled as more tears sprung in her eyes.

The man dragged her further away so that she was out of the reach of danger. "God damn it, let me go. Cloud needs my aid, he is hurt." She did not care that she was drenched in her own crimson blood and dirt. Faith did not pay attention to her ripped dress or her bleeding wounds, all mattered that moment was Cloud, his wounds, his pain, his suffering over hers.

The person holding her gave a humorless laugh. "Believe me, my Lady, the man you so wish to help does not need it," He then abruptly let go of her, the instant his hand left her, Faith fell on the grass eyes on the man she was exceedingly in love with. She observed as Cloud climbed to his feet and glared at the man who charged at him. "Stay here, you would only be an obstacle for him." Artorius verbalized in a rough voice and made his way to the Fury, his dark robe flying behind him with the wind.

Vulnerable, useless Faith gaped at Cloud, her fiance. The assassin circled his opponent heedless of the blood that trickled down his arm. Her hands curled around the grass when he leaped for the man and fought like a notorious leopard with no fear in those dangerous eyes. She could not believe her eyes as Cloud ended his opponent in a bat of an eye. He was the man she had witnessed back in the woods, he was the devil that tormented her sinless dreams and turned them into dark nightmares.

The world blurred in front of her as Cloud made his way towards Holako and Maynor. She watched as he bent down picked up a sword, that lay in the mud and commenced to walk again. With each step he took towards them, Faith's heart jabbed at her bust to howl its fear, to cry out its terror. Without any fear or uncertainty, Cloud spun the sword in his right hand, ready for another lethal combat.

As soon as Cloud reached Holako, Artorius materialized beside him with a sword in hand and water dripping down the hilt of his weapon. A strong wave of wind enveloped them in its cloak, causing rains drops to loose their rhythm for a while. Cloud halted a few steps away whereas, Artorius proceeded further.

The Fury needed Artorius to finish Holako since the man used magic in more lethal ways than him. Cloud knew that after the 'assassin's Oath' Artorius will terminate Holako with his immoral, dirty magic without even considering it twice. He, on the other hand, needed his own strength to kill the bastard who caused such extreme distress to his woman himself, with his own bare hands. Cloud stood guard watching as Artoruis charged into the battle alongside Maynor against Holako. Swords ignited the air now and then, blood was spilled painting the earth scarlet. He stood there, with his dark eyes monitoring their every move, waiting for the right juncture.

_______________________________________

I know this chapter is really short, but believe me when I say that I urged myself to an extreme level in order to write this down. Coming back after months without writing and a bit of disappointment I think this chapter is a miracle. I will try an update and finish this book. IN SHA ALLAH.

Follow my insta to be updated and check out the videos I make for my books.

queens_realm