His Purple Bandana

It was pouring down rain in Manhattan and Jordyn  was running home. She darted through the door and saw her mother and father on the couch like they always were. Her parents were not so nice to her. They made her cook dinner, clean the house, and if she wanted to become a forensic scientist, she had to do what they said. She may have been incredibly smart, but scholarships more than likely were not going to cover college.

"Where the hell have you been? I've been waiting for a nice hot meal for 20 minutes!"

 "Sorry Dad, I had to go to the store and pick up dinner tonight. It's fried chicken." She put the box of steaming poultry on the coffee table and they ate every single piece and not even a crumb was left. She ate before she came home because she had a feeling they would do this. She went to her room without saying anything and she flopped down on her bed. She picked up her cell phone and called her best friend, Jill, but it went straight to voice-mail.

"Hey, it's me! I just wanted to see if you were at work. I'm on the way anyway. So I'll see you soon, bye." She grabbed her jacket and cell phone and left the house.

Jordyn found her best  friend behind the counter talking to their friend, Parker. Her boss, Mr. Fleear came up to her and handed her two giant bags filled with trash.

 "Take out the trash or your fired!" Mr.Fleear yelled.

 "Yes, sir." She took the trash bags and threw them over her shoulder like a sack of rotten potatoes and opened the back door to the video game store and walked outside into the cold, crisp December evening. Jordyn threw the trash bags into the rusted dumpster and started walking back to the store, but felt a hand apply pressure to her right shoulder and the anonymous person flipped her over, making her land on her back with a 'thud'.

 She had taken tae kwon do when she was 6, but now she is 15 years old and was only an orange- yellow belt...

Jordyn kicked the person in the side and he fell to ground, thinking the fight was over, but boy was she wrong. At least 10 other people in all black suits made a circle around her. One of them yelled something in what appeared to be Japanese, and they all lunged for her.

She ducked, dodging one of the black suited person's punches. Another one leaped at her and managed to take her to the ground. The black suited person was on top of Jordyn, choking her. She was kicking her legs, scratching his face, but no luck. She thought this was the end, until the weight was lifted and she could breath again. She looked around and saw nothing, but what looked a stick lay on the ground. She crawled over to it  and picked up,running her fingers on the opposite side of the blade that stuck out of the top side of the object ever-so slightly and decided to hide it and take it home to examine it. 

She headed toward the door and stopped dead in her tracks. She could've sworn someone said,"Shit, where's my Staff?" Jordyn turned around and headed towards the door, once again. This time, she got inside and locked the door, taking a deep breath to clear her head, and got back to work.