“I’m sorry, this isn’t going to work out,” Sapphire said and gently led the small Asian lady to the front door.

“Yes,” the small Asian lady said, nodding.

Sapphire placed her outside the door and waved. “Thank you so much for coming.”

“Yes?” This time she didn’t nod.

Before Sapphire turned back into the kitchen, she wondered what type of scene she’d walk into. Was her mother crying? Anger Sapphire could handle, but not tears. Or maybe, she realized, tears would be good. Healthy, a new Vivienne with emotions.

But when Sapphire turned around the corner, there weren’t any tears. Vivienne had noticed the officers and was busy putting one foot behind her neck while standing on the other. “My yoga instructor says I’m a natural.”

The officers nodded in unison and applauded in awe.

Sapphire took the opportunity to escape up to the sanctity of her room. She began her search for Shelly's symbol on the Internet and spent the next hour online, squinting at the bright screen.

Next thing she knew she woke up to the sound of her phone ringing, her face planted on the keyboard. Apparently, she had fallen asleep. Still tired, Sapphire looked at the phone caller ID. Unknown. She picked up, hoping it was Aston calling about Shelly.

“Hello,” Sapphire said.

The other line remained silent.

“Hello?” she asked again, suspicion rising within her. She could hear the other person’s shallow breath and nothing else. She sat up straight.

“Who is this?” she asked, not expecting an answer. “It’s you, isn’t it? Listen to me very carefully. I’m going to find you. I will find you and I will cut off your balls and shove them up your ass. Should you come anywhere near me, or anyone I know again, your balls up your ass will seem mild compared to what I will do to you. Do you understand?”

A crackle from the sudden rush of air, then the call disconnected.

*****

A naked woman with a perfectly and surgically constructed body dove into the cool Pacific Ocean from the edge of the boat.

John watched her as he held his phone to his chest. She was very angry with him. He didn’t think she could ever get angry, but now he had managed to make her furious. She had told him she would find him, cut off his balls, and shove them up his ass if he came near her again. Then he had panicked and hung up.

The party was underway and like a high-pitched fire alarm in his ear, he had long ago tired of hearing the young Heinz heiress talk about herself. Sapphire never talked about herself. She had always been devoted to listening to him, to his problems and his issues.

Six hours earlier the boat had been a high class birthday party with esteemed businessmen and respected families. As soon as they left, the younger generation brought out the strippers, champagne, coke, and other miscellaneous drugs.

He put the phone back in his pocket and saw Chrissy standing by the stern of the yacht making out with Paris Hilton. He would have been surprised, but then again, who hadn’t made out with Paris Hilton.

Chrissy spotted him and pushed the blond socialite to the side. She marched up to him and splashed her glass of Dom Perignon in his face. “I heard you were going to be here.”

John wiped the sticky champagne off his face and looked over at her. “I’m good Chrissy, thanks for asking. How are you?”

“Don’t take it so personally. It’s a best friend code.” Chrissy said and looked around. “So where’s the slut?”